Easy Pecan Pie
This easy pecan pie is crunchy, nutty, and perfectly sweet and gooey. With a simple homemade filling and store-bought pie crust, you can whip up this decadent and delicious pecan pie in just 10 minutes!
Why this pecan pie recipe is so great:
- No fuss pie crust – Save the hassle of making your own pie crust and just grab a package of refrigerated pie crust from the store. What I love about the refrigerated kind of crust versus the frozen ones is that it looks and feels more homemade when it is baked in your own pie pan, rather than in an aluminum pan.
- A whole lotta nuts – Every bite is loaded with crunchy toasted pecans coated in sweet-sticky goodness.
- Can be made in advance – This pecan pie keeps well for up to 3 days, so it’s a great make-ahead dessert
Ingredients you’ll need:
- store-bought refrigerated pie crust
- corn syrup
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
How to make easy pecan pie:
In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, melted butter, corn syrup, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in the pecans to coat them.
Fit the crust into a 9″ pie plate and crimp the edges.
Pour the pecan mixture into the pie shell and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350F for an hour.
Butter your pie plate before placing the crust in it. This will help prevent the pie from sticking to the plate if the filling spills over.
How to tell when pecan pie is done:
Pecan pie is done when the filling is puffed up and the center springs back when lightly tapped or when the internal temperature reaches 200F.
Does pecan pie need to be refrigerated?
Yes, because the filling contains eggs.
Can you freeze pecan pie?
Yes, tightly wrap the completely cooled pie and store in the freezer for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge and reheat in the oven at 350F for 15-20 minutes to freshen up the pie before serving.
How to store pecan pie:
Tightly cover and store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
You might also like:
Did you make this recipe? Please kindly leave a comment with your star rating below.
This easy pecan pie is crunchy, nutty, and perfectly sweet and gooey.
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30ml) melted butter
- 1 cup (250ml) light or dark corn syrup
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp (10ml) vanilla extract
- 1&1/2 cups (170g) pecans (chopped or halves)
- 1 single refrigerated pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350F and arrange a rack in the lower third of the oven. Butter a 9″ pie plate and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, melted butter, corn syrup, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in the pecans to coat.
- Fit the crust into the prepared pie plate and crimp the edges. Pour the pecan mixture into the pie shell and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350F for 50-60 minutes or until the filling is puffed up and the center is almost set. Loosely cover the pie with foil after 40 minutes to prevent the crust from over browning. Let cool on a wire rack for 2 hours before serving.