Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
These easy, no-bake homemade granola bars will have you and your kids absolutely delighted. They taste so much better than the store-bought kind, and they are made with simple ingredients.
My kids love chocolate chip granola bars, but I try not to buy them too often because the box will be empty before I know it. I’m just not comfortable with the amount of sugar and preservatives in them. So with the start of a new year, I thought I would try making my own homemade granola bars. This way I can control and know what’s in them.
This recipe is from Brown Eyed Baker, and what I love about it is that it’s super easy to make. You start by making a simple butter, honey and brown sugar syrup. Mix that with some quick rolled oats and rice cereal. Press the mixture into a pan, sprinkle with mini chocolate chips, let cool, and cut into bars.
These chocolate chip granola bars are chewy and perfectly textured with hearty rolled oats and crispy rice cereal. There’s flavors of real brown sugar and honey, and there is just the right amount of chocolate chips in every bite.Print
These easy no-bake homemade granola bars will have you and your kids absolutely delighted. They tastes so much better than the store-bought kind and are made with simple ingredients.
- 1/3 cup (67g) brown sugar
- ¼ cup (60ml) honey
- 4 tbsp (57g) unsalted butter
- 2 cups (180g) quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup (30g) crispy rice cereal
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3–4 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- Line an 8×8″ baking pan with aluminum foil and lightly grease with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the quick oats and rice cereal. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter, brown sugar, and honey over medium-high on the stovetop until it begins to bubble. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour the syrup over the dry mixture. Stir together until everything is moistened. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan. Press down firmly to tightly compact the ingredients.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and lightly press the chocolate chip so they stick to the granola.
- Let cool for 2 hours or until the chocolate chips are set before cutting into bars using a sharp knife. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days or individually wrap in plastic wrap.
- Category: snack
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade granola bars, chewy granola bars, chocolate chip granola bars