This easy zucchini bread recipe is moist, flavorful and perfect, just like the way mom used to make it. You can also easily customize it to suit your taste by adding your favorite mix-ins.
I remember my mom growing zucchini in our backyard when I was a kid. We would always get an abundance at once and before you knew it, it was zucchini everything. From stir-fries to soups, my favorite was always my mom’s zucchini bread. It was simple, not too sweet and even better the next day.
The recipe is all made by hand. The dry ingredients are just flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. The wet ingredients are just eggs and oil. It’s simply flavored with cinnamon and the zucchini provides moisture, texture, bulk and a very subtle taste. The great thing about this recipe is that you don’t have to peel or drain the excess liquid from the zucchini. Most of the vegetable’s nutrients are in the skin and the juice from the zucchini adds moisture to the bread.
Over the years I have played around with this recipe, adding various mix-ins, different spices, substituting brown sugar and butter in place of the oil and white sugar. It was all dependent on my mood, what I had on hand at the moment, and every single time it turned out fabulous!
This easy zucchini bread is soft, moist and keeps well. The taste is sweet and lightly spiced. It serves as an excellent everyday zucchini bread recipe, yet it can be easily elevated to make it into a special treat.Print
Real Simple Zucchini Bread
This easy zucchini bread recipe is moist, flavorful and perfect, just like the way mom used to make it.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: one 9x5" loaf
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 & 3/4 cups (220g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 medium (about 2 cups) grated zucchini (do not peel or drain the excess moisture)
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9×5″ loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, toss together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar and eggs. Stir in the grated zucchini.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. Spoon batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Leftover bread can be stored in an airtight container or tightly wrapped in plastic wrap for up to 2 days at room temperature or up to 5 days in the fridge.
Keywords: zucchini bread, zucchini recipe