These blueberry streusel muffins are soft, fluffy, and full of juicy blueberry goodness. They’re finished with a sweet crunchy cinnamon streusel on a super high muffin top.
I have received a few requests for a blueberry version of my Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Muffins, so here it is: A buttery and moist blueberry muffin that is just as gorgeous and delicious as the ones you find at the gourmet bakery shops.
1) Because the recipe uses melted butter, it’s best to have all your ingredients at room temperature. This will prevent your butter from solidifying when you mix your wet ingredients together.
2) Use a large rubber spatula to combine the wet and dry ingredients. A rubber spatula is great for stirring and scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl for an evenly combined batter without over-mixing. Also, add the blueberries just before the batter is fully incorporated. This way, everything comes together at the same time and again, you will avoid over-mixing. The less you mix, the softer the texture.
3) Lastly, fill the baking tin all the way to the top and you will see how high these muffins rise over the rim. So what you get is not just any muffin top, but a sky-high muffin top. That’s my favorite part!
The texture of the muffin is delicate, but it’s not as light as a cupcake, therefore it’s hearty enough for breakfast. The taste is rich, moist and fruity. The scent is buttery, with vanilla and just a subtle note of cinnamon. The streusel topping is crunchy and sweet. These are truly the perfect blueberry streusel muffins.
Bakery Style Blueberry Streusel Muffins
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 2 & 1/2 cups (310g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (13g) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5g) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2g) salt
- 1/2 cup (114g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) milk (any kind, whole or buttermilk is best)
- 1 tbsp (15ml) vanilla extract
- 1 & 1/2 cups (230g) blueberries
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 1 tbsp (8g) all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp (10ml) unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425F. Spray or line a 12 cup muffin baking pan.
- To prepare the streusel; mix together the sugar, flour and cinnamon in a small bowl. Stir in the butter, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the melted butter with the sugar, add the eggs, mix, then add the milk and vanilla, mix again.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and gently combine using a rubber spatula until moistened. Fold in the blueberries until just incorporated.
- Divide the batter into the 12 muffin cups, top with streusel and bake for 5 minutes at 425F, then keeping the muffins in the oven, reduce the heat to 375F and bake for another 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Muffins are best enjoyed the day of, but can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Keywords: blueberry muffin recipe, best blueberry muffins, easy blueberry muffins, blueberry streusel muffins
Check out my new Best & Easiest Blueberry Muffins!