The Best and Easiest Blueberry Muffins
These blueberry muffins are incredibly soft and moist with crispy sugar-crusted tops that are baked to perfection. They are packed with juicy blueberries and are super quick and easy to make. They are my best blueberry muffins to date!
During our home renovation, I was forced to declutter, which was a good thing. You don’t realize all the unnecessary things you have until you have to go through it all. And lately I’ve been finding myself trying to minimize and simplify all aspects of my life by asking myself “do I really need this?” Even with my everyday grocery shopping and cooking.
I know many of you are fans of my Bakery Style Blueberry Streusel Muffins. This is an easier yet just as tasty version of that recipe. First off, instead of a streusel, I simply topped my muffins with a generous sprinkling of granulated sugar. Instead of using two leavening agents, I just used one. This recipe uses vegetable oil instead of melted butter: that way you don’t have to worry about the rest of your ingredients having to be at room temperature. I substituted some of the milk for Greek yogurt for a softer and more moist texture. I reduced the amount of vanilla to let the natural flavor of the blueberries and other ingredients shine through. I also baked these muffins at one temperature throughout, again just simplifying the process. And the results are just as amazing, I might even say better. Try it out and let me know what you think.
The inside of these muffins is soft and fluffy like a cake. The exterior is pleasantly hearty and crusty like you would expect from a muffin. The taste is moist and flavorful like a rich vanilla butter cake with sweet notes of blueberries.Print
These blueberry muffins are incredibly soft, moist, packed with juicy blueberries and baked to perfection.
- 2 & 1/2 cups (310g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- 1 & 1/4 cups (250g) granulated sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (188ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (60g) Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 & 1/2 cups (230g) blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl; whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl; whisk together the oil, one cup of sugar, eggs, milk, yogurt, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and gently stir using a rubber spatula until just combined. Fold in the blueberries.
- Divide the batter into the 12 muffin cups. Generously sprinkle the remaining sugar over the tops.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Muffins are best enjoyed the day of. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blueberry muffin recipe, best blueberry muffins, easy blueberry muffins