Blueberry Banana Bread (video)
This is a moist flavorful banana bread that is studded with delicious blueberries and topped with a crunchy sweet cinnamon streusel.
So, I have been a little unlucky in the kitchen lately. Last week I made a no-bake chocolate cream pie that tasted great, but looked unaesthetically pleasing. Hence, no post last week. This week, I was editing my video while my blueberry streusel banana bread was baking, and I suddenly realized “oh crap! I forgot to put in the eggs.” I ran downstairs and stared at the blueberry banana bread through my oven glass window. It was rising as normal and smelled great, but what the heck was it going to taste like? I was so upset at myself, thinking what a dumbass move. What a waste of ingredients and time. Though, there was nothing I could do but wait till it was done and try it.
After the bread had cooled, I went about my business and took a couple of photographs. Then came the moment of truth, I nervously cut into the bread and tried it, and guess what? It was friggin amazing! I couldn’t believe how moist it was, and it tasted like everything I hoped it would and more. Who would have thought the eggs weren’t even necessary in this recipe. The kids devoured it and my husband has already asked me to make more of this eggless banana bread.
The texture is soft and moist with a crunchy crumbly streusel topping. The taste is of ripe naturally sweet bananas with juicy fragrant blueberries. There is a little bit of cinnamon added for depth and flavor. There is also a subtle lavender note from the fresh blueberries.
So, to sum it all up, my accidental eggless blueberry banana bread is a moist, fruity, crunchy, sweet perfection!
Blueberry Banana Bread (eggless)
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 1 - 9x5" loaf
This is a moist flavorful banana bread that is studded with delicious blueberries, and topped with a crunchy sweet cinnamon streusel.
- 1/4 cup (30g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp (30ml) melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (114g) melted unsalted butter
- 1 cup (240g) mashed bananas
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 1 & 3/4 (220g) cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup (150g) blueberries
- Preheat oven to 325F. Butter and line a 9×5″ baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, toss together the first 3 ingredients for the streusel. Add in melted butter and stir until mixture looks like wet sand.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, bananas and milk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together. Toss in the blueberries to coat.
- Add the wet ingredient to the dry and mix until just combined.
- Pour into prepared baking pan. Sprinkle with streusel on top and press down lightly.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Category: dessert, breakfast, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blueberry banana bread recipe, eggless blueberry banana bread, blueberry streusel banana bread
44 Comments on “Blueberry Banana Bread (video)”
Do you use fresh or frozen blueberries or have you tried both and they are interchangeable?
I prefer to use fresh. Frozen works too. It just takes longer to bake. Let me know if you have any other questions. Enjoy!
Have not made yet. Going to sub in Greek yogurt for the butter and cut the sugar in half, and use applesauce . Use butter flavoured Pam on the loaf pan. Here’s hoping!!
Good luck! Let me know what it’s like with all those changes.
Thank you so much for this eggless Banana Bread recipe ! It’s amazing! It takes about 10 minutes to make, very easy 😋 It is so moist and the cinnamon streusel is perfect on this Bread. My sister is allergic to eggs and I look for pastries she can have and enjoy. She will be on the moon when I send her this yummy treat!!! Please share any additional eggless recipes, I would love try them as well 🤗
You’re very welcome, Janice, and thank you for your kind words! Flax eggs or applesauce can be used to substitute eggs in most baking recipes, but here are a few recipes of mine that are eggless:
Came out yummy!
Thank you! I’m glad you enjoyed it:)