Blueberry Banana Bread (video)
This is a moist flavorful banana bread that is studded with delicious blueberries and topped with a crunchy sweet cinnamon streusel.
So, I have been a little unlucky in the kitchen lately. Last week I made a no-bake chocolate cream pie that tasted great, but looked unaesthetically pleasing. Hence, no post last week. This week, I was editing my video while my blueberry streusel banana bread was baking, and I suddenly realized “oh crap! I forgot to put in the eggs.” I ran downstairs and stared at the blueberry banana bread through my oven glass window. It was rising as normal and smelled great, but what the heck was it going to taste like? I was so upset at myself, thinking what a dumbass move. What a waste of ingredients and time. Though, there was nothing I could do but wait till it was done and try it.
After the bread had cooled, I went about my business and took a couple of photographs. Then came the moment of truth, I nervously cut into the bread and tried it, and guess what? It was friggin amazing! I couldn’t believe how moist it was, and it tasted like everything I hoped it would and more. Who would have thought the eggs weren’t even necessary in this recipe. The kids devoured it and my husband has already asked me to make more of this eggless banana bread.
The texture is soft and moist with a crunchy crumbly streusel topping. The taste is of ripe naturally sweet bananas with juicy fragrant blueberries. There is a little bit of cinnamon added for depth and flavor. There is also a subtle lavender note from the fresh blueberries.
So, to sum it all up, my accidental eggless blueberry banana bread is a moist, fruity, crunchy, sweet perfection!
This is a moist flavorful banana bread that is studded with delicious blueberries, and topped with a crunchy sweet cinnamon streusel.
- 1/4 cup (30g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp (30ml) melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (114g) melted unsalted butter
- 1 cup (240g) mashed bananas
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 1 & 3/4 (220g) cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup (150g) blueberries
- Preheat oven to 325F. Butter and line a 9×5″ baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, toss together the first 3 ingredients for the streusel. Add in melted butter and stir until mixture looks like wet sand.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, bananas and milk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together. Toss in the blueberries to coat.
- Add the wet ingredient to the dry and mix until just combined.
- Pour into prepared baking pan. Sprinkle with streusel on top and press down lightly.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Category: dessert, breakfast, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blueberry banana bread recipe, eggless blueberry banana bread, blueberry streusel banana bread