This popular Italian dessert is composed of delicate lady fingers dipped in espresso and coffee liquor, then layered in a velvety mascarpone cream, and dusted with cocoa powder for a finishing touch. This version has all the great taste of a traditional Tiramisu, but it’s made without the raw eggs.
We are experiencing another heat wave and record high this week in Ontario, so I feel like it’s a perfect time for another no-bake post. The thought of turning on my oven makes me cringe because it’s just so ridiculously hot.
Tiramisu is one of my top 3 favorite desserts, but as much as I love it, I’m not comfortable working with raw eggs in my own kitchen. Call me a paranoid mama, but that’s just me. I’m sure I’ve eaten plenty of authentic tiramisu from restaurants, but I’ll leave the raw egg handling to the professionals.
This recipe has all the great taste of a traditional Tiramisu, but it’s made without eggs which simplifies the process, and saves on calories. It starts with mixing some whipped cream with sweetened mascarpone. Then you dip some lady fingers in a espresso and liquor mixture. You layer the cookies with the cream and chill for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight, which makes this a great make-ahead dessert. Then you dust with some cocoa powder before serving.
This no-bake creamy treat is effortless to make. The taste is bold in coffee-flavor and the texture is moist and creamy. Serve this to your family and friends, and watch them in absolute awe as they devour what you made for them.
Easy Eggless Tiramisu (video)
All the great taste of a traditional Tiramisu, but easier to make and made without the raw eggs.
- Prep Time: 20 min + chill time
- Total Time: 20 min + chill time
- Yield: 9
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 cup (250ml) whipping cream
- 1 cup (250g) mascarpone, softened
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract
- 1&1/2 cups espresso or very strong coffee, cooled
- 2 tbsp (30ml) coffee liquor (I used Kahlua)
- 2 dozen lady fingers
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Mix the mascarpone, sugar and vanilla until combined. Add in the whipped cream and beat again until smooth.
- Stir the coffee and liquor together. Lightly dip each lady finger into the coffee mixture. Do not soak or the cookies will be soggy. Line a 9×9″ square baking dish with a layer of lady fingers.
- Spread half of the cream mixture over the cookies. Repeat another layer and chill for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
- Dust with cocoa powder before serving.
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Keywords: eggless tiramisu recipe, tiramisu without eggs, easy tiramisu recipe