All the great taste of a traditional Tiramisu, but easier to make and made without raw eggs.
- 1 cup (250ml) whipping cream
- 1 cup (250g) mascarpone, softened
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract
- 1&1/2 cups espresso or very strong coffee, cooled
- 2 tbsp (30ml) coffee liquor (I used Kahlua)
- 24–28 ladyfingers (Savoiardi/Boudoir) the number of cookies will depend on whether you are using an 8×8″ or 9×9″ pan. See notes.
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Mix the mascarpone, sugar, and vanilla until combined. Add in the whipped cream. Use a rubber spatula and fold the mixture a few times scraping the bottom and sides of the bowl. Then use the electric mixer to beat again until smooth.
- Stir the coffee and liquor together. Lightly dip each ladyfinger into the coffee mixture. Do not soak or the cookies will be soggy. Line an 8×8″ or 9×9″ square baking dish with a layer of cookies.
- Spread half of the cream mixture over the cookies. Repeat another layer and chill for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
- Dust with cocoa powder before serving.
9×9″ pan will yield 12 slices (3×2.25″ each) and require 28 ladyfingers. As shown in the video.
8×8″ pan will yield 9 slices (2.5×2.5″ each) and require 24 ladyfingers. As shown in pictures. The cream layer will be thicker using this smaller size pan.
Leftovers can be covered and stored in the fridge for up to 4 days. Tiramisu can be made and frozen for up to 3 months. See FAQ above.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: eggless tiramisu recipe, tiramisu without eggs, easy tiramisu recipe