Bakery Style Blueberry Streusel Muffins
These blueberry muffins are soft, fluffy, and full of juicy blueberry goodness. They’re finished with a sweet crunchy cinnamon streusel on a super high muffin top.
- Author: Lily Ernst
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 2 & 1/2 cups (310g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (13g) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5g) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2g) salt
- 1/2 cup (114g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) milk (any kind, whole or buttermilk is best)
- 1 tbsp (15ml) vanilla extract
- 1 & 1/2 cups (230g) blueberries
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 1 tbsp (8g) all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp (10ml) unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Grease an entire standard-size muffin pan (including the rim) with butter or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- To prepare the streusel; mix together the sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Stir in the butter, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the melted butter with the sugar. Add the eggs, milk, and vanilla. Mix again.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently stir using a rubber spatula until almost combined. Fold in the blueberries until just combined.
- Divide the batter into the 12 muffin cups, top with streusel and bake for 5 minutes at 425F, then keeping the muffins in the oven, reduce the heat to 375F and bake for another 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on the countertop for 10 minutes. Carefully remove and transfer to wire rack.
- How to melt the butter for this recipe. The best way is to place the butter in a microwave safe bowl and heat it in the microwave for 30-60 sections in 15-second increments. Then let it cool while you prepare the rest of your ingredients and baking pan.
- How to store blueberry streusel muffins. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the fridge for up to 5 days. Please note that the streusel will lose its crispiness after a day from all the moisture in the muffin. You can reheat in a toaster oven or conventional oven at 350F for 10 minutes to warm and freshen up the muffins.
- Can I use frozen blueberries? Yes, you can use frozen blueberries. Use them straight out of the freezer, do not thaw. Bake for a few extra minutes.
- Can blueberry streusel muffins be frozen? Yes, once the muffins are completely cooled, wrap securely in foil or saran wrap and place in freezer bags. Label and date, and store in the freezer for up to a month.
- Can I use paper liners? Yes, you can use paper liners. Just remember to grease the rims for easy removal.
Keywords: blueberry muffin recipe, blueberry streusel muffins, blueberry muffins with crumb topping