Blueberry Streusel Muffins – Bakery Style
These blueberry muffins are soft, fluffy, and full of juicy blueberry goodness. They’re finished with a sweet crunchy cinnamon streusel on a super high muffin top.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 2 & 1/2 cups (310g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (13g) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5g) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2g) salt
- 1/2 cup (114g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) milk (any kind, whole or buttermilk is best)
- 1 tbsp (15ml) vanilla extract
- 1 & 1/2 cups (230g) blueberries
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 1 tbsp (8g) all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp (10ml) unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425F. Spray or line a 12 cup muffin baking pan.
- To prepare the streusel; mix together the sugar, flour and cinnamon in a small bowl. Stir in the butter, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the melted butter with the sugar, add the eggs, mix, then add the milk and vanilla, mix again.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and gently combine using a rubber spatula until moistened. Fold in the blueberries until just incorporated.
- Divide the batter into the 12 muffin cups, top with streusel and bake for 5 minutes at 425F, then keeping the muffins in the oven, reduce the heat to 375F and bake for another 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Muffins are best enjoyed the day of, but can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Keywords: blueberry muffin recipe, best blueberry muffins, easy blueberry muffins, blueberry streusel muffins