Crackly rice cereal combined with a smooth no-bake cheesecake makes these crunchy-creamy bars absolutely irresistible. Top with some raspberries and blueberries for a patriotic red, white and blue theme.
I saw this recipe on the Food Network and was immediately intrigued with the idea of crispy-crunchy textured bars topped with a silky-smooth cheesecake. The original recipe also used red and blue berries to decorate. That along with the white color of the cheesecake makes it a festive dessert for the Fourth of July.
The recipe begins with your standard Rice Krispies squares and while they cool, you prepare a simple no-bake cheesecake. Pour the cheesecake mixture over the top of the Rice Krispies and chill for 2 hours or overnight. With this being a make-ahead recipe, it gives you more time to have fun with your friends and family. Also, it’s a perfect summer time treat because it’s no-bake and it’s served chilled.
These dessert bars are cool, creamy and tangy with a light and crispy texture. The berries add a fruity and refreshing taste to the vanilla-marshmallowy flavor.
Cheesecake Rice Krispies Treats
Crackly rice cereal combined with a smooth no-bake cheesecake makes these crunchy-creamy bars absolutely irresistible.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 20 min
- Yield: 16
- Category: dessert
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 3 tbsp (42g) butter
- 3 cups (142g) mini marshmallows
- 4 cups (125g) Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 tbsp envelope gelatin powder
- 2-250g package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (120g) powdered sugar
- 1 cup (255g) sour cream
- 1/2 tsp (2.5ml) vanilla extract
- 2 cups mixed raspberries and blueberries for garnish
- Line a 9″ square pan with foil and lighly coat with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Add in the rice cereal and mix until all the cereal is coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Spoon onto the prepared pan and press into an even layer. Place in the fridge to cool while preparing the cheesecake layer.
- Combine the gelatin and 3 tablespoons of water in a small microwave-safe bowl. Set aside to soften.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar together. Add in the sour cream. Mix in the sour cream and vanilla.
- Microwave the gelatin for about 15-30 seconds to melt. Add the gelatin solution to the cream cheese mixture and blend until smooth. Pour over the rice cereal layer and smooth out the surface.
- Loosely cover with plastic wrap or foil and chill for minimum of 2 hours or overnight. Cut into 16 squares and top with berries before serving.
Keywords: rice krispie treats, rice krispie cheesecake, 4th of July dessert recipe