Crackly rice cereal combined with a smooth no-bake cheesecake makes these crunchy-creamy bars absolutely irresistible.
- 3 tbsp (42g) butter
- 3 cups (142g) mini marshmallows
- 4 cups (125g) Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 tbsp envelope gelatin powder
- 2–250g package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (120g) powdered sugar
- 1 cup (255g) sour cream
- 1/2 tsp (2.5ml) vanilla extract
- 2 cups mixed raspberries and blueberries for garnish
- Line a 9″ square pan with foil and lighly coat with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Add in the rice cereal and mix until all the cereal is coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Spoon onto the prepared pan and press into an even layer. Place in the fridge to cool while preparing the cheesecake layer.
- Combine the gelatin and 3 tablespoons of water in a small microwave-safe bowl. Set aside to soften.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar together. Add in the sour cream. Mix in the sour cream and vanilla.
- Microwave the gelatin for about 15-30 seconds to melt. Add the gelatin solution to the cream cheese mixture and blend until smooth. Pour over the rice cereal layer and smooth out the surface.
- Loosely cover with plastic wrap or foil and chill for minimum of 2 hours or overnight. Cut into 16 squares and top with berries before serving.
- Category: dessert
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: rice krispie treats, rice krispie cheesecake, 4th of July dessert recipe