Chocolate Pecan Pie
This pie combines crunchy pecans with the intense flavor of dark chocolate in a sweet-gooey filling. The optional, but highly recommended addition of bourbon gives it a grown-up flair.
Now that Mother’s Day is long over, it’s time to focus on Father’s Day coming up. So let’s indulge dad’s sweet tooth with this rich, bold and nutty pecan pie that is made extra special for dad with the addition of chocolate and bourbon.
The bittersweet flavor of the dark chocolate balances the super sweet sugary filling. The chocolate also adds a creaminess in contrast to the crunchy nuts. The bourbon adds a warm floral and cinnamon finish on your palate. Though if bourbon is not your thing, you can simply replace it with vanilla extract.
This recipe starts with my go-to flaky pie crust that is only 4 ingredients and comes together in minutes. Then you mix together the filling, pour it into the pie crust, sprinkle with chocolate chips and bake. It’s so easy to put together and looks gorgeous presented .
This dessert is sweet, crunchy, and chocolaty with a boozy kick! It’s a perfect way to treat dad on Father’s Day and show him how special he is.Print
This pie combines crunchy pecans with the intense flavor of dark chocolate in a sweet-gooey filling.
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour, twice sifted
- ½ tsp (2.5g) salt
- ½ cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- ¼ cup (62ml) milk
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30ml) melted butter
- 1 cup (250ml) light or dark corn syrup
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (63ml) bourbon (or 2 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1&1/2 cups (170g) pecans (chopped or halves)
- 1/2 cup (90g) dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F and set aside a 9″ pie plate.
- Sift the flour twice, then whisk in the salt and create a well in the center.
- Pour in the oil, then milk and stir everything together. If the dough seems too dry, add 1-2 tbsp of milk.
- Once the dough starts to form, finish working it by gently kneading it on a sheet of wax paper.
- Roll out between 2 sheets of wax paper. Fit the crust onto your pie plate and crimp the edges.
- Whisk together the sugar, butter, corn syrup, eggs and bourbon. Stir in the pecan to coat and pour into pie crust. Sprinkle the filling evenly with chocolate chips.
- Place the pie on a baking sheet. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the crust is golden and filling is puffed. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate pecan pie recipe, easy pecan pie, bourbon pecan pie