Best Easy Blueberry Muffins
These blueberry muffins are incredibly soft and moist with crispy sugar-crusted tops and are baked to perfection. They are packed with juicy blueberries and are super quick and easy to make. They are my best blueberry muffins to date!
Why this is the best blueberry muffin recipe:
- Quick and easy to make – This recipe is completely made by hand so there is no mixer or special equipment required. All you need is two mixing bowls, a whisk, and a spatula to prepare the batter and 20 minutes to bake. So in less than 30 minutes, you have warm, freshly baked blueberry muffins on hand.
- Tastes phenomenal – The inside of these muffins is soft and fluffy like a cake. The exterior is pleasantly hearty and crusty like you would expect from a muffin. The taste is moist and flavorful, like a rich vanilla butter cake with sweet notes of blueberries.
- Easily adaptable – This recipe is so versatile that the ingredients can be easily swapped with whatever you have on hand and you can adapt it to your preference.
How to make blueberry muffins:
(the ingredient amounts are listed in the printable recipe card further below)
- In a large bowl, toss together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, granulated sugar, eggs, milk, yogurt, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in the blueberries.
- Divide the batter into a paper-lined muffin pan. Generously sprinkle with granulated sugar on top. Bake at 400F for 20 minutes.
- AP flour – Can be substituted with whole wheat pastry flour or white whole wheat flour.
- Baking powder – 1 tsp of baking soda can be used instead.
- Vegetable oil – The same amount of melted unsalted butter, avocado oil, or any neutral-tasting yellow oil can be used.
- Eggs – You can use 2 flax eggs or 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce instead, but please note that the texture won’t be as soft and fluffy.
- Milk – Any kind of cow’s milk or plant-based milk works.
- Yogurt – Any kind of plain or vanilla yogurt works. Or the same amount of either sour cream or even mayo can be used as a substitute.
- Blueberries – Fresh or frozen blueberries can be used or any kind of berries you have on hand.
Are blueberry muffins healthy?
They can be, depending on the amount of sugar and fat in the recipe. This particular recipe can be made healthier by making a few simple substitutions.
Can you use frozen blueberries in muffins?
Yes, you can. Simply use them straight from frozen and bake for a few minutes longer.
How to store blueberry muffins:
Place the muffins in an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Can you freeze blueberry muffins?
Yes, place the muffins in a freezer-friendly container or ziplock bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge and warm up in the oven at 350F for 10 minutes to freshen up the muffins if desired.
You might also like:
- Bakery Style Blueberry Streusel Muffins
- Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Vanilla Glazed Blueberry Scones
- Homemade Blueberry Pie
- Lemon Blueberry Muffins
Did you make this recipe? Please kindly leave a comment with your star rating below.
These blueberry muffins are incredibly soft, moist, packed with juicy blueberries and baked to perfection.
- 2 & 1/2 cups (315g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- 1 & 1/4 cups (250g) granulated sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (188ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (60g) Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl; whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl; whisk together the oil, one cup of sugar, eggs, milk, yogurt, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and gently stir using a rubber spatula until just combined. Fold in the blueberries.
- Divide the batter into the 12 muffin cups. Generously sprinkle the remaining sugar over the tops.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Muffins are best enjoyed the day of. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blueberry muffin recipe, best blueberry muffins, easy blueberry muffins