Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies (video)
These flourless cookies are soft and chewy, just like traditional peanut butter cookies, but they are made with natural peanut butter so they are healthier and amazingly melt-in-your-mouth good!
Why this recipe is so great:
- Healthy and easy to make – These cookies are naturally gluten-free and contain no butter or white sugar. They are much healthier and easier to make than regular peanut butter cookies. All you do is mix the 6 simple ingredients by hand in one bowl, then scoop, and bake!
- Made for peanut butter lovers – Since natural peanut butter is the main ingredient, these cookies are exploding with peanut butter flavor! They are also soft, tender, and chewy when perfectly baked.
- Make-ahead and freezer-friendly – These cookies can be made 3 days in advance and they freeze well for up to 3 months.
- Here are some reviews:
“Thank you for this fantastic recipe, Lily! I just made these cookies and they turned out perfectly. So simple and yet the flavor and texture is amazing!” – Heather
“OMG…these are amazing! I doubled the recipe, was a little short on honey so I did half honey and half pure maple syrup and added some mini chocolate chips. Absolutely delicious!” – Tracy
How to make healthy peanut butter cookies:
- In a medium bowl, toss together the raw organic sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Add in the natural peanut butter, egg, and honey. Stir until combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop or tablespoons, drop rounded cookie dough balls onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 350F for about 8-10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
Substitutions and Variations:
- Unsalted natural peanut butter – You can use salted natural peanut butter – just omit the salt in the recipe. This recipe also works with natural almond butter.
- Raw organic sugar – Can be substituted with coconut sugar or light brown sugar.
- Honey – Can be replaced with maple syrup or agave syrup.
- Mix-ins – Add 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips or chopped nuts for an extra special treat.
How to store peanut butter cookies:
Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
How to freeze peanut butter cookies:
Place the cooled cookies in a freezer-friendly container or ziplock bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw on the counter for 1-2 hours to bring to room temperature before serving.
This peanut butter cookie recipe is full of flavor and packed with protein and wholesome goodness. It makes for a great breakfast cookie, after-school treat, or snack for any time of the day. So enjoy them with a tall glass of milk or your favorite cup of tea, smile, sit back, and savor the moment.
You might also like:
- Flourless Almond Butter Banana Cookies
- Gluten-Free Spiced Cashew Butter Cookies
- Healthy Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- Healthy Chocolate Banana Bread
- Healthy Blueberry Muffins
Did you make this recipe? Please kindly leave a comment with your star rating below.
Healthy, flourless, and melt-in-your-mouth peanut butter cookies made from natural peanut butter.
- 2/3 cup raw organic sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup unsalted natural peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the peanut butter, egg, and honey. Stir until combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop or tablespoons, drop 16 cookie batter mounds onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes or just until the edges are lightly browned. Cookies will be soft. Let cool for 10 minutes on baking sheets before transferring to a cooling rack.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
To freeze – Place the cooled cookies in a freezer-friendly container or ziplock bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw on the counter for 1-2 hours to bring to room temperature before serving.
- Category: dessert, breakfast, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peanut butter cookie recipe, natural peanut butter cookies, flourless peanut butter cookies