Healthy Banana Oatmeal Cookies
Great for breakfast and/or as a snack. Gluten-free, sugar-free, fat-free, dairy-free, super healthy and super delicious. Even your pickiest eaters will love it.
As the school year moves on, I’m starting to run out of healthy snack ideas to pack in my toddler’s lunchbox. The challenging part is that my son is a picky eater, so it’s trial and error with him with no rhyme or reason. He likes what he likes and it’s difficult to get him to try new things. So, I was over-the-top pleased when he ate and enjoyed these healthy cookies.
These cookies are naturally sweetened with fruits, high in fiber and protein, and packed with nutrition. The cookies are soft in texture with a little bit of crunch from the rolled oats and some chewiness from the dried fruits. I used a mixture of dried cherries, blueberries, and goji berries, but you can use any kind of dried fruit you prefer. These cookies are a cross between an oatmeal raisin cookie and banana bread, so if you like either of those, you’re going to love this recipe.
So, start your morning off right or give yourself a little energy boost in the afternoon with this healthy and delicious treat. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from MomablesPrint
These cookies are naturally sweetened with fruits, high in fiber and protein, and packed with nutrition.
- 1 cup overripe mashed banana (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes (or more rolled oats)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried fruits (I used cherries, blueberries and goji berries)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients together. Scoop out onto the prepared baking sheet and flatten a bit with your hands.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: breakfast cookie recipe, banana oatmeal cookie, healthy gluten-free cookies