This incredibly soft and moist pumpkin bread is packed with pumpkin flavor and fragrant autumn spices. It’s the epitome of fall in every bite!
I recently purchased some store-bought muffins because I ran out of time to bake on the weekend. I didn’t realize until after I had already packed the muffins in my kids’ lunchbox that the first ingredient was sugar. How could there be more sugar than flour in a muffin??? They were banana chocolate chip muffins, so the bananas and chocolate chips were already sweet. My best guess is the large amount of sugar is to preserve and extend the shelf-life. So now, I firmly believe even more that homemade is the way to go when time permits. That way, you know what goes in, you can control the amount fat and sugar, there are no preservatives, and it’s made with love.This recipe is simple as can be, yet it’s the most delicious classic pumpkin bread. Just flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice and a pinch of salt mixed with some pumpkin puree, oil, sugar and eggs. Nothing unnecessary, nothing extra.
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (5g) pumpkin spice (or 1 tsp cinnamon, ½ tsp nutmeg, ½ tsp cloves)
- 1 tsp (5g) baking soda
- ½ tsp (2.5g) salt
- 1&1/2 cup (373g) canned pumpkin puree
- ½ cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- 1&1/2 cup (300g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9x5" loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, toss together the flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined.
- Spoon into prepared baking pan and bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
You might also like my Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins, Pumpkin Spice Cookies, and Pumpkin Chai Cheesecake. Click here for all pumpkin recipes.