This quick and easy apple crumble is filled with tender baked apple slices and topped with a crunchy brown sugar oat streusel. This dessert is warm, comforting and absolutely scrumptious!We’re in our second week of school, and we’re back into our early bedtime and early morning routine. However, what I’m not used to is having all this time on my hands now that both kids are in school. I feel like I was much more motivated when I had less time to get things done, and now that I have more time for myself, I feel lost. I have a long list of things to do, but just don’t know where to start, and I feel like I’m moving at a much slower pace, strange eh?
The one thing I am getting into the groove of is my fall baking. For the next couple of weeks, it’s going to be all about apples, pumpkin, cinnamon spice and everything nice. There’s nothing more comforting to to me than the warm scent of cinnamon and brown sugar throughout the house. So let the baking begin!This recipe starts with some delicious apples, sliced and tossed in some cinnamon and sugar. The crumble topping is made up of flour, rolled oats, brown sugar and butter, all mixed together then sprinkled on top of the apples. Bake that for about 40 minutes and you have a warm bubbling apple crumble to cozy up to.This apple crumble is quick and easy to make. The texture is crunchy mixed with soft and silky apple slices. The taste is fruity, nutty, buttery with a warm hint of brown sugar and spice. It’s all around applelicious!
- 5 cups (580g) sliced and peeled apples (about 4-5 medium apples)
- 2-4 tbsp granulated sugar (depending on how sweet your apples are)
- 1 tsp (5ml) ground cinnamon
- ¾ cups (70g) rolled oats
- ¾ cups (94 g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (75g) brown sugar, lightly packed
- ⅓ cup (76g) unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a 9" square or round baking dish, toss together all the filling ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, flour and brown sugar. Add in the melted butter and stir until all is moistened. Sprinkle the streusel evenly over the filling.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the apples are tender and bubbling.