Bourbon Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies (video)
The buttery sweet caramel aroma of bourbon along with the smoky flavor of bacon take your everyday chocolate chip cookies from ordinary to extraordinary. So treat your dad this Father’s Day to these amazing soft and chewy cookies.
Why this recipe is so great:
- Quick and easy to make – This one-bowl recipe is completely made by hand. It uses melted butter so there is no mixer needed and there is no chilling of the dough required before you bake. All you have to do is mix, drop, and bake!
- Super chewy and soft – These cookies are incredibly soft and chewy with the addition of an extra egg yolk and melted butter in the batter.
- Flavor explosion – These cookies are bursting with flavor. Not only are they packed with chocolate chips, but the saltiness of the bacon balances the sweetness of the chocolate. The subtle yet noticeable aroma and flavor of the bourbon shines through in every bite, complementing the smokiness of the bacon and boldness of the chocolate.
How to make bourbon bacon chocolate chip cookies:
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the melted butter and sugars together. Add in the eggs and bourbon. Whisk again until smooth.
- Add in the flour and baking soda. Stir in the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Fold in the chopped bacon bits and chocolate chips.
- Drop the cookie batter onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 325F for 10 minutes.
How to cook the bacon:
Cook the bacon on the stovetop in a frying pan on medium heat until nice and crispy, let cool and finely chop into small pieces, similar to the size of a chocolate chip.
What type of bourbon to use:
Anything you have on hand would work. Nothing too expensive, though (save the good stuff for drinking!). Whiskey or rye would also work in this recipe.
How to melt the butter:
Melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl for 30-60 seconds in 30-second increments. Let cool while you gather your other ingredients.
Are these cookies safe for kids to eat?
Yes, there is only 1/4 cup of bourbon in 3 dozen cookies, plus most of the alcohol bakes off and all that’s left is the flavor.
How to store:
Place the cookies in an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
How to freeze:
Place the cookies in a freezer-friendly container or ziplock bag and store in the freezer for up to a month. Thaw overnight on the counter.
The texture of these cookies is incredibly soft and chewy. The taste is chocolatey, salty-sweet, and smoky, and there’s even a deep caramel vanilla flavor from the bourbon. I’m telling you, this is not your average cookie. And hey, nothing says “manly” like bacon and bourbon for Father’s Day.
You might also like:
- Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce
- Bacardi Rum Cake
- Chocolate Guinness Cupcakes
- Baileys & Coffee Cupcakes
- Easy Eggless Tiramisu
Did you make this recipe? Please kindly leave a comment with your star rating below.
The rich sweet caramel aroma of the bourbon with the subtle smoky salty flavor from the bacon take your everyday chocolate chip cookies from ordinary to extraordinary.
- 1/2 cup (114g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup (200g) lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) white sugar
- 1 large whole egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 cup (62ml) bourbon
- 2&1/4 cups (275g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2.5ml) baking soda
- 2 cups (350g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked crisp and finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325F and line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar together.
- Add in the egg, egg yolk and bourbon. Whisk again until smooth.
- Add the flour and sprinkle the baking soda over the flour. Stir the wet and dry ingredients together until just combined.Fold in chocolate chips and bacon.
- Using a medium cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop rounded cookie doughs onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly brown.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bacon chocolate chip cookies, bourbon chocolate chip cookies
Recipe adapted from www.tablespoon.com