Strawberry Pretzel Salad (video)
How to make strawberry pretzel salad:You start by mixing some crushed pretzels with melted butter. Press the pretzel mixture onto a 9×13″ glass baking dish. Bake at 350F for 10 minutes and let cool completely. Then mix a brick of cream cheese with some sugar and cool whip. Spread the mixture on top of the pretzel layer and chill for 30 minutes. Lastly, dissolve two packs of strawberry jello in a cup of boiling water and a cup of cold water. Pour over a pound of sliced fresh strawberries. Stir to coat and spoon over the cream filling. Chill until jello is set.
How to crush the pretzels:Place the pretzels in a ziplock bag and crush using a rolling pin or finely chop the pretzels on a cutting board using a chopping knife.
How to spread the cream cheese layer:Drop heaping spoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture all over the crust using a large spoon or ice cream scoop. Spread the mixture evenly over the crust using an offset spatula. Make sure to seal the edges so the jello doesn’t seep into the bottom causing the crust to be soggy. See video below for demonstration.
What is pretzel salad?Pretzel salad is a popular Southern dessert often shared at potlucks and holiday dinners. It consists of a pretzel crust with a sweetened cream cheese and Cool Whip filling, topped with fresh fruit set in jello.
Can you make strawberry pretzel salad the night before?Yes, you can certainly make this the night before, that way the jello has plenty of time to set.
Can you freeze strawberry pretzel salad?No, you cannot because the jello layer will separate. Freezing will cause the gelatin to break down, and upon thawing it will become a liquid mess.
How long does strawberry pretzel dessert last?It will last for 3 days if properly stored in the fridge. Any longer than that and the crust will start to soften. I’m telling you, if you have never tried this dessert before, you need to. It’s mind-blowing! A crunchy-salty pretzel crust, along with a light and fluffy creamy center, meets a jiggly, sweet and tart strawberry topping. It’s like a flavor and texture explosion in your mouth!
You might also like:
- Strawberry Lemon Charlotte Cake
- Homemade Strawberry Shortcake
- Easy Fresh Strawberry Cake
- Strawberry White Chocolate Mousse Parfait
Did you make this recipe? Please kindly leave a comment with your star rating below.
Crunchy, creamy, sweet and salty all come together in this fabulous strawberry pretzel salad.
- 2 cups (120g) crushed salted pretzels
- 1/2 cup (114g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 8oz or 250g pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 8oz container Cool Whip, thawed
- 6oz or 170g strawberry Jello powder
- 1 cup (250ml) boiling water
- 1 cup (250ml) cold water
- 1 lb (454g) strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix the crushed pretzels, melted butter, and sugar together. Press the mixture onto the bottom of a 9×13″ glass baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes and let cool completely.
- Beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in the Cool Whip until combined. Carefully spread on top of the baked pretzels. Make sure to seal all the edges so the jello doesn’t seep to the bottom and make the pretzels soggy. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Dissolve the jello powder in the hot water. Stir in the cold water and pour over the sliced strawberries. Gently stir the strawberries to coat. Carefully spoon the strawberry mixture on top of the cream filling. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours or until the jello is set.
Leftovers can be covered and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: strawberry pretzel salad recipe, easy strawberry pretzel salad, best strawberry pretzel salad