Crunchy, creamy, sweet and salty all come together in this fabulous strawberry pretzel salad. Don’t let the name fool you, this recipe is 100% a dessert!
I know the name “strawberry pretzel salad” does not sound appealing to most people, but this dessert is shockingly wonderful and tasty is so many ways! I would compare it to a cheesecake. The creamy center is like a light and fluffy no-bake cheesecake that sits on top of a crunchy-salty pretzel crust. The topping is fresh, vibrant and loaded with strawberry flavor!
I’ve also come to realize that strawberry pretzel salad is not a very well known dessert in Canada, but very popular in the States. Canadians are missing out and that needs to change!
This dessert could not be any easier to make, though it does require a little patience. First, you mix some crushed pretzels with some melted butter, bake and let cool. Then you whip up some cream cheese, Cool Whip and a bit of sugar. Spread that on top and chill (the dessert, but you can chill along with it). Lastly, you pour the strawberry and jello mixture on top, and refrigerate until firm.
I’m telling you, if you have never tried this dessert, you need to. It’s mind-blowing! A crunchy-salty pretzel crust, along with a light and fluffy creamy center, meets a jiggly, sweet and tart strawberry topping. It’s like a flavor and texture explosion in your mouth! Sorry for all the exclamations, but that’s just how enthusiastic I am about this strawberry pretzel salad.
Strawberry Pretzel Salad
Crunchy, creamy, sweet and salty all come together in this fabulous strawberry pretzel salad.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 18 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups (120g) crushed pretzels
- 1/2 cup (114g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 250g pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 8oz container Cool Whip, thawed
- 6oz strawberry Jello powder
- 1 cup (250ml) hot water
- 1 cup (250ml) cold water
- 1 lb strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix the crushed pretzels, melted butter, and sugar together. Press the mixture onto the bottom of a 9×13″ glass baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes and let cool completely.
- Beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in the Cool Whip until combined. Carefully spread on top of the baked pretzels. Make sure to seal all the edges so the jello doesn’t seep to the bottom and make the pretzels soggy. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Dissolve the jello powder in the hot water. Stir in the cold water and pour over the sliced strawberries. Gently stir the strawberries to coat. Carefully spoon the strawberry mixture on top of the cream filling. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours or until the jello is set.
Keywords: strawberry pretzel salad recipe, easy strawberry pretzel salad, best strawberry pretzel salad
Recipe slightly adapted from Natasha’s Kitchen.