This simple tasty cake is bursting with strawberry flavor in every bite and it couldn’t be any easier to make. All it takes is 4 ingredients and 30 minutes bake time.
This recipe begins with some sugar and eggs beaten together until pale in color. Then you stir in some sifted flour and fold in 1lb of fresh ripe strawberries. Bake it for half an hour and you’re done!
There are so much strawberries in this cake which is what makes it so fabulous. The star of the show is the fruit, and the cake is secondary.
This cake’s texture is similar to a coffee cake and it’s not too sweet. It’s loaded with chunks of delicious juicy ripe strawberries, which is the predominant flavor. This cake is truly effortless to make and delightful to eat.
Recipe inspiration from Laylita.comPrint
Simple Fresh Strawberry Cake (video)
This simple tasty cake is bursting with strawberry flavor in every bite and it couldn’t be any easier to make.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8-10
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 6 oz (~3/4 cup) granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract (optional)
- 6 oz (~1&1/3 cups) all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1lb fresh strawberries, cut in half or quartered depending on size (reserve a few half pieces for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 400F and grease a 9″ round cake pan or pie plate.
- Beat the eggs and sugar (and vanilla if desired) using an electric mixer on medium speed for about 3 minutes (or until pale in color)
- Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, gently stir in the sifted flour just until the batter is combined and smooth.
- Fold in the strawberries and pour onto prepared baking pan. Top with a few strawberry halves.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 400F. Then lower the temp to 350F and bake for another 30-35 minutes or until golden on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Let cake cool and serve with some whipped cream or enjoy as is. This cake is best fresh the day of. Because of the natural juices from the strawberries, the cake tends to get moist the day after.
Keywords: strawberry cake recipe, easy strawberry cake, french strawberry cake, strawberry coffee cake