Strawberry Lemon Charlotte Cake
This beautiful strawberry lemon charlotte cake is filled with layers of softened ladyfingers, lemon cream, and fresh strawberries. It’s soft and creamy, and bursting with flavor in every bite! This easy no-bake cake is sure to impress any mom for Mother’s Day.
This is a sponsored post. I had the wonderful opportunity to work with Williams Sonoma Canada to bring you this recipe. Though monetary compensation was received, all opinions are my own. This Mother’s Day will be a mix. Some people will be getting together with their mom for the first time in a long time and some will still be celebrating from a distance. But no matter how you choose to celebrate, it can still be special. Williams Sonoma has everything you need to let your mom know that she is #1.
From great gift ideas, like this gorgeous La Porcellana Bianca Firenze Cake Stand and matching plates, to a complete Mother’s Day menu that will make your mom feel like a queen. Williams Sonoma Canada offers fast, free, and safe curbside pickup. You can also get free 1-on-1 personalized assistance from their team of experts via online, video chat, or phone. Named after one of Italy’s most beautiful cities, this Firenze porcelain cake stand and plates adds elegance to anything served on it with its lacy looped borders. As delicate as the porcelain appears, it offers exceptional durability for daily use and frequent entertaining.
Why this recipe is so great:
- No baking AND no stovetop required – There is no heat needed for this recipe. You simply make the cream filling by beating all of the ingredients together, assemble the cake, and place in the fridge for a few hours. It’s as easy as that!
- Great make-ahead dessert – This cake needs a minimum of 4 hours or preferably overnight to chill and set in the fridge. This allows the ladyfingers to soften and turn into sponge cakes. It also allows for the cream filling to thicken and for the strawberries to soften and become even more flavorful.
- Tastes AMAZING – This strawberry lemon charlotte cake is light and creamy with its lemon mascarpone mousse-like cream filling. It’s soft and moist with its Limoncello-soaked ladyfingers and it’s packed with ripe, juicy strawberries. The flavours are fresh and vibrant. It tastes like an elevated strawberry shortcake layer cake but it’s half the work.
How to make strawberry charlotte cake:
(the ingredient amounts are listed in the printable recipe card further below)
- Line the sides of a 9″ springform pan with ladyfingers and tightly line the bottom with Limoncello-dipped ladyfingers.
- Place half of the strawberries on top.
- Beat the mascarpone cheese, granulated sugar, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and whipping cream until smooth and stiff peaks form. Spread half of the mixture on top of the strawberries.
- Repeat with another layer of Limoncello-dipped ladyfingers, the remaining strawberries, and the remaining cream. Cover and chill in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Ladyfinger cookies – Any kind of crunchy, Italian-style ladyfingers (also known as savoiardi biscuits/cookies) will work.
- Mascarpone cheese – Can be substituted with cream cheese.
- Limoncello – Can be replaced with any kind of lemon liqueur or lemonade for a non-alcoholic option.
Happy Mother’s Day to ALL women regardless of whether you have children or not. You all deserve to be honored.
You might also like:
Did you make this recipe? Please kindly leave a comment with your star rating below.
Strawberry Lemon Charlotte Cake
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8-10
This beautiful strawberry lemon charlotte cake is filled with layers of softened ladyfingers, lemon cream, and fresh strawberries. It’s soft and creamy, and bursting with flavor in every bite!
- 4 dozen ladyfingers
- 1/4 cup Limoncello mixed with 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup (250g) mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp (75g) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- zest of one lemon
- 1 cup (250ml) whipping cream
- 1 pint (454g/1lb) strawberries (washed, hulled, and cut in half)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 pint strawberries (washed, some cut in half and some whole)
- Trim about 1″ off one end of all the ladyfingers. Place the cookies in a tight ring, flat end down and sugar side out in a 9″ springform pan.
- Lightly dip a few ladyfingers in the Limoncello water and tightly line the bottom of the pan. Place half of the strawberries on top.
- Beat the mascarpone cheese, granulated sugar, lemon zest, and vanilla extract until smooth. Add in the whipping cream and continue beating until thickened and stiff peaks form. Spread half of the mixture on top of the strawberries and spread to the sides to help the verticle cookies adhere to the cake.
- Repeat with another layer of Limoncello-dipped ladyfingers, the remaining strawberries, and the remaining cream. Cover and chill in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours or preferably overnight.
- When ready to serve, beat the whipping cream, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract until medium-stiff peaks form. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a tip of your choice. Pipe the whipped cream along the edges and top with more strawberries. Use a serrated knife to slice the cake using a sawing motion.
Leftovers can be covered and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 0 min
- Category: dessert
- Method: no-bake
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: charlotte cake recipe, strawberry charlotte cake
6 Comments on “Strawberry Lemon Charlotte Cake”
Very good and beautiful cake!! The cream is delicious! I used lemonade on the cookies ! Thanks for another great recipe.
You’re very welcome, Lily! Thank you for your kind words and so glad you like it:)
Not only is this cake adorable, it is also delicious! I love that this recipe requires no baking!
It’s nice not to have to turn the oven on especially during the summer. Thank you for your feedback!
If I don’t have lemonade , can I just orange sparkling pop? I have a couple cans of San Peregrino at home.
Yes, you can use sparkling orange juice instead of lemonade. Enjoy the cake and have a lovely weekend!