Enjoy your favorite fruits with this uber-easy galette recipe. You can whip up this rustic charming dessert in a matter of minutes for any occasion.It’s officially the end of summer holidays for us here in Ontario as school starts next week for the kids. It has been a wonderful and eventful summer, but I’m ready for the kids to go back to school. I hope I don’t sound like a bad mother, but entertaining 2 boys the ages of 3 and 6 for a whole two months was exhausting. We have been also doing a lot of entertaining, trying to get every family and friend together for a gathering before September.So this recipe has come in handy whenever I needed to make a quick dessert. It takes less than 10 minutes to prepare and it really showcases the best flavors the season has to offer.This recipe starts with a store-bought pie crust for convenience. Then you toss 4 cups of fruit with some sugar, a little cornstarch, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Spoon the fruit mixture into the pie crust, fold the edges, and bake. Another beautiful thing about this galette is that it has all the flavors of a pie, but only takes a fraction of the time to make, and it looks just as gorgeous to serve.Just imagine, sweet, juicy chunks of fruit, bursting with flavor in a delicate flaky pie crust. This superb galette recipe works with any type of fruit you like and the taste is guaranteed to please.Print
Easy Fruit Galette
Enjoy your favorite fruits with this uber-easy galette recipe. You can whip up this rustic charming dessert in a matter of minutes for any occasion.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 store-bought pie crust
- 4 cups mixed fruit, cut into bite-sized pieces (I used strawberries, blueberries and blackberries)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- powdered sugar for dusting
- vanilla ice cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick cooking mat.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle over the mixed fruit and toss to coat.
- Roll out the pie crust onto the lined baking sheet. Spoon the fruit filling into the center of the pie crust, leaving 2″ around the edge. Fold up the edges of the pie crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the crust is golden and the filling is bubbling.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving if desired and/or serve with vanilla ice cream.
The galette is best eaten the day of. Leftovers can be stored loosely covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Keywords: fruit galette recipe, easy fruit galette, strawberry galette recipe, blueberry galette recipe