Easy All-Butter Pie Crust (video)
This is the EASIEST all-butter pie crust you’ll ever make! Just 4 ingredients, mix it all together, roll, and bake. It’s really that simple.
It’s only the beginning of fall and pie baking is already trending. Since I’ve received such great feedback from my oil-based flaky pie crust, I’ve decided to create a butter version for those of you who prefer the taste of butter.
This recipe begins with sifting your flour twice because you want it as light and fluffy as possible before you add your wet ingredients. You whisk in a little salt and create a well in the center. Pour in your melted butter and milk, then simply stir everything together. That’s it, just 4 ingredients to make this super delicious pie crust.
And here comes the best part; there’s no refrigeration required. You just work the dough into a ball, roll it out, fill it, and bake.
This pie crust bakes up light and golden. The texture is soft and flaky. It’s fragrant with a lovely buttery taste. The richness from the butter pairs so well with fruit fillings. This is the perfect crust for any kind of fruit pie.
This is the EASIEST all-butter pie crust you’ll ever make! Just 4 ingredients, mix it all together, roll, and bake.
- 3 cups (375g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
- 3/4 cup (188ml) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk (any kind, dairy or non-dairy works)
- Sift the flour twice, then whisk in the salt and create a little well.
- Pour in the melted butter, then milk and stir everything together.
- Once the dough starts to form, finish working it by gently kneading it on a sheet of wax paper.
- Divide into two parts. Roll the dough out in between 2 sheets of wax paper. Remove the top sheet of wax paper. Use the bottom sheet to lift and flip the dough onto the pie plate and on top of the filling.
- Trim and seal edges. Cut some slits for ventilation.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 425F for 15 minutes, then bake at 375F until the crust is golden and filling is cooked. Usually about another 30-45 minutes. Cover the edges with foil if it starts to brown too quickly.
Keywords: all-butter pie crust recipe, butter pie crust, easy pie crust recipe