This rich and dense chocolate cake has an alluring warm and gooey chocolate center that flows like lava when you break into the cake. It takes just a few simple ingredients to make this impressive and decadent dessert.
Are you one of those people who makes a big fuss over Valentine’s? I think I used to when I was younger, but now that I’ve been married for almost 10 years, it’s been simplified to a nice homemade dinner and maybe a card. The days of going to a fancy restaurant and going all out seem to be a distant memory lol.
I remember reading about Galentine’s Day a few years ago, and thinking to myself, what a great idea! Single or not, it’s a special day to celebrate your best girlfriends and being ladies. Especially after the year we’ve had, I think it’s more important than ever to celebrate being a woman. No more putting up with crap. Be strong, be supportive of one another, be fierce, and let’s make 2018 a year for women! Okay, that’s my rant for today. My apologies for getting sidetracked there. Anyways, back to the recipe.
This elegant and impressive dessert is surprisingly easy to make. It’s just chocolate, butter, powdered sugar, eggs, flour, a dash of vanilla, and a pinch of salt. Molten lava cake is basically an undercooked cake. The uncooked batter is what gives you that delightful pudding-like center that makes this dessert so special.
This chocolate lava cake is rich and intensely chocolatey with a silky-smooth chocolate liquid center. The simplicity and elegance of this dessert make it suited for a romantic occasion or any special occasion to celebrate with good friends and family.Print
Chocolate Lava Cakes
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 4 oz semi-sweet baking chocolate
- ½ cup (114g) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (125g) powdered sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 6 Tbsp (50g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10ml) vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 425F. Generously grease 4 custard cups or ramekins.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt together the chocolate and butter on HIGH for 1 minute. Whisk together until completely melted and smooth.
- Whisk in the powdered sugar, then eggs and vanilla. Lastly, stir in the flour and salt until combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 4 baking cups.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the edges are firm and set, but the center is still soft.
- Let the cakes stand for about 2 minutes before carefully running a knife along the edge of the ramekin and releasing the cake gently onto a plate.
- Serve with some fresh strawberries and a dusting of powdered sugar if desired. Enjoy warm.
Keywords: chocolate lava cake recipe, easy lava cake recipe, chocolate molten cake recipe
Recipe from The Domestic Rebel.