This homemade brownie mix makes it easier to quickly whip up a batch of brownies than a boxed mix, and it tastes a hundred times better!
Did you know chocolate is considered a happy food? Not only because it’s delicious, but it also contains mood-boosting nutrients and stimulates chemicals in the body that elevate your mood.
One thing that’s for sure, chocolate makes my family happy. And brownies are a favorite in my house. I love the convenience of a boxed mix. I mean, all you have to do is add water, vegetable oil and eggs, mix and bake. So when I came across this recipe from I Am Baker, I was excited to try it. A homemade brownie mix made with simple ingredients and no preservatives. The preparation was just as easy as a boxed mix and the results? They were phenomenal!
These brownies are chewy, especially around the outer edges. They are gooey and fudgy, not cake-like at all. They are rich, extremely chocolaty and perfectly sweet.
The mix is simply flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Toss all that in a mason jar or ziplock bag and store away. When ready, all you add is vegetable oil, eggs and a dash of vanilla. See? Just as easy as a boxed mix, but so much simpler in terms of what’s in it and much cheaper also.
They also make great gifts around the holidays or for anyone who likes brownies (which should be everyone). Just attach a tag or label with the instructions and you’ve got a nifty little gift.
This homemade brownie mix is quick and easy to prepare. It’s cheaper than a store-bought mix and it has no preservatives. All you do is add 3 ingredients when ready to bake and the brownies are even better than any boxed mix.Print
Homemade Brownie Mix
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 9
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (38g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (64g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract
- Sift all the dry ingredients together. Store in an airtight container or ziplock bag.
- When ready to bake; preheat oven to 350F and grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Empty the dry ingredients into a large bowl. Whisk in the vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla until just smooth. Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Mine was done at exactly 22 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack before cutting.
Keywords: brownie mix recipe, easy homemade brownies, Christmas gift ideas