This homemade brownie mix makes it easier to quickly whip up a batch of brownies than a boxed mix, and it tastes a hundred times better!
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (38g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (64g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract
- Sift all the dry ingredients together. Store in an airtight container or ziplock bag.
- When ready to bake; preheat oven to 350F and grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Empty the dry ingredients into a large bowl. Whisk in the vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla until just smooth. Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Mine was done at exactly 22 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack before cutting.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: brownie mix recipe, easy homemade brownies, Christmas gift ideas