A light, fluffy, 3-ingredient sponge cake with fresh peaches and cream filling, topped with a cloud of whipping cream. You’re going to love this recipe because it’s so delicious and super simple to make.
I came across the cake recipe on NatashasKitchen.com. I actually had to read the recipe twice because I didn’t think you could make a cake with only 3-ingredients. So, I gave it a try for myself and it turned out beautifully. Light and fluffy in texture, moist and rich in taste and made with just flour, eggs and sugar. A wonderful cake you can quickly put together anytime and dress up any way you want. What more can you ask for?
I filled the cake with some lovely fresh diced peaches, mixed with my favourite whipped cream topping. My go-to whipped cream recipe is 2 parts whipping cream and 1 part cream cheese. The cream cheese makes the frosting sturdier, so you can pipe it like you would buttercream and it will hold its form. It also adds a little bit of tanginess and richness to the frosting.
Cake recipe from Natasha’s Kitchen
Whipped cream recipe from Allrecipes.comPrint
Peaches and Cream Cake
A light, fluffy, 3-ingredient sponge cake with fresh peaches and cream filling, topped with a cloud of whipping cream.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 10-12 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Ingredients for the cake:
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
Ingredients for the cream:
- 1 pkg of cream cheese (8oz/250grams)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups diced fresh peaches (you can also use canned)
- 1 sliced peach
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter two 9″ round pans and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl and using an electric mixer, beat the eggs and sugar on high for about 6 minutes until light and fluffy, or until tripled in volume.
- Sift in 1/3 of the flour at a time and gently fold with a rubber spatula until just combined. Do not over-mix as you want to keep as much of the volume as possible.
- Divide the batter into the 2 prepared baking pans and bake for about 22-25 minutes or until the top is lightly browned. Let cool completely before frosting.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Slowly add the whipping cream and continue mixing until stiff peaks form.
- Mix 1 cup of the whipped cream with the diced peaches and spread overtop of one of the cakes. Place the 2nd cake on top and pour the remaining whipped cream overtop and decorate with sliced peaches.
Keywords: peaches and cream cake recipe, 3 ingredient sponge cake, Russian sponge cake, peach cream cake recipe