Easy Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza
Why this fruit pizza recipe is so great:
- It’s an easy and stress-free dessert. All you have to do is bake the sugar cookie, spread the yogurt on top and decorate with fruit. It’s literally as easy as 1-2-3.
- It’s healthier and tastier than other fruit pizza recipes. Instead of the traditional cream cheese frosting, I like to top my fruit pizza with thick plain yogurt. The tanginess from the yogurt balances the sweetness from the sugar cookie crust, plus it saves on calories for bathing suit season.
How to make fruit pizza:
- Press the sugar cookie dough evenly onto a 12″ round pizza pan, leaving a 1/2″ edge.
- Bake until golden brown and let cool completely.
- Spread some yogurt over the top of the crust.
- Decorate with your favorite fresh summer fruit. Slice and serve.
- Refrigerated sugar cookie dough or dry mix. You can use either for this recipe. The refrigerated cookie dough is more convenient because all you have to do is open up the package. For the dry mix, you’ll need to prepare the dough as directed on the packaging.
- Yogurt or traditional cream cheese frosting. I prefer using plain Greek or Skyr yogurt for its thick texture. It makes it easier to slice and to lay the fruits on top. Plus it’s healthier and cuts the sweetness from the sugar cookie. You can also use vanilla flavor if you wish. If you prefer the more traditional and sweeter cream cheese frosting, I provide that recipe below as well.
- How far ahead can you make fruit pizza? You can make fruit pizza up to 1 day in advance. Simply fully assemble, tightly cover in saran wrap, and store in the fridge until ready to serve. Leftovers can be stored the same way for up to 3 days.
- What type of fruit is best for fruit pizza? I like to use bright colorful fruits that are easy to slice and don’t brown, but anything goes. Just choose your favorite fruits that complement one another.
You might also like:
- 4th of July Icebox Cake
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- No-Bake Key Lime Pie
- Cheesecake Rice Krispie Treats
Did you make this recipe? Please kindly leave a comment with your star rating below.
This delicious fruit pizza is as easy as 1-2-3. It’s made with store-bought cookie dough, topped with yogurt for a healthier option, and finished with a colorful array of fresh fruit.
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) refrigerated sugar cookie dough (or 17.5 oz pkg dry mix, prepared as instructed on the packaging)
- 1 container (500g) plain yogurt (Greek or Skyr is best, vanilla flavor works too)
- 3 cups assorted sliced fruits (I used blueberries, sliced strawberries, and sliced kiwis)
Optional cream cheese frosting instead of yogurt:
- 1 pkg (250g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup (125g) powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 12″ pizza pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Press the cookie dough evenly onto the bottom of the pan to within 1/2 inch of edge.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Let cool completely on a cooling rack, about 30 minutes. You can also place in the fridge after 10 minutes to speed up the cooling process.
- Once the cookie is completely cooled, spread the yogurt on top leaving a 1/2″ border. If using the cream cheese frosting: mix the cream cheese and powdered sugar together until smooth and spread on top of cookie.
- Decorate with assorted fruits. Slice and serve or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. You can eat this with a fork or with your hands.
- You can make fruit pizza up to 1 day in advance. Simply fully assemble, tightly cover in saran wrap, and store in the fridge until ready to serve. Leftovers can be stored the same way for up to 3 days.
- I like to use bright colorful fruits that are easy to slice and don’t brown, but anything goes. Just choose your favorite fruits that complement one another.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fruit pizza recipe, easy fruit pizza, sugar cookie fruit pizza