Eggnog Bread Pudding
This scrumptious eggnog bread pudding makes for a great breakfast or dessert. It’s made with only 3 ingredients and packed with a creamy eggnog flavor!
My friend Charmian Christie of The Messy Baker wrote this incredible cookbook called the 3-Ingredient Baking Book. It’s filled with 101 amazing dessert recipes. Everything from cookies to ice cream, and even cheesecakes! They are all simple and stress-free recipes that are also great for kids to help with. I picked up my copy from Costco, but it’s also available at Indigo or Amazon. Cover image by Lauren Miller.
Why this bread pudding is so great:
All you need to make this easy bread pudding recipe is eggnog (homemade or store-bought), cinnamon raisin bread, and eggs. It’s a great way to use up leftover eggnog and day-old bread. It’s also a great make-ahead dish for breakfast or brunch. It’s so simple to make, yet yields a luxurious bread pudding that is soft and creamy and oh so flavourful. It’s like French toast but even better! Here are some reviews:
“Christmas morning breakfast. Made it without any changes. Loved how simple it was to make and that it didn’t require lots of ingredients. Absolutely delicious. Trying to decide if repeating on New Year’s Day is too soon!” – Suzanne
“This is so delicious I made it twice on Christmas Eve!!” – C
How to make eggnog bread pudding:
(See recipe card further below for quantities)
- Cut the cinnamon raisin bread into cubes and place in a buttered 8″ square baking dish.
- Whisk together the eggnog and eggs and pour the mixture over the bread.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 1 day.
- Bake at 375F for 35-45 minutes.
How to serve:
Serve warm with a drizzle of maple syrup or butter rum sauce. You can also serve it with a dusting of powdered sugar and a scoop of vanilla ice cream for dessert.
You might also like:
Did you make this recipe? Please kindly leave a comment with your star rating below.
Eggnog Bread Pudding
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6
This scrumptious eggnog bread pudding makes for a great breakfast or dessert. It’s made with only 3 ingredients and packed with creamy eggnog flavor!
- 6 cups (250g) cinnamon raisin bread, cubed (about 6 to 9 slices)
- 2 cups (500ml) full-fat eggnog
- 4 large eggs
- Place the bread cubes in a buttered 8″ square ceramic or glass baking dish
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggnog and eggs until combined.
- Pour over the bread and gently stir to ensure all the bread is coated in the egg mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 1 day.
- When ready to bake, remove the bread pudding from the fridge and preheat the oven to 375F.
- Bake until golden and puffed up, about 35-45 minutes, and a thin knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Let stand for 15 minutes. Serve warm.
Leftover bread pudding can be covered and stored in the fridge for up to 5 days. Enjoy cold or warmed up in the microwave for about 30-60 seconds each slice.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Category: breakfast, dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: eggnog bread pudding recipe, easy eggnog bread pudding
8 Comments on “Eggnog Bread Pudding”
This is so delicious I made it twice on Christmas Eve !!
Thank you! I’m so happy to hear that you like it that much!
This is a 21 star recipe
Aww, thank you, Jay!
Cant wait to try this recipe, I couldn’t find ingredients for butter Rum Syrup.
My bad, I forgot to link the recipe. Here it is:
Sorry for the inconvenience!
Christmas morning breakfast. Made it without any changes. Loved how simple it was to make and that it didn’t require lots of ingredients. Absolutely delicious. Trying to decide if repeating on New Year’s Day is too soon!
Thank you for your kind review, Suzanne (and no it’s not too soon, lol). I wish you and your family a very happy new year!