Easy Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
This shortcut recipe takes a chocolate cake mix and turns it into a chewy and fudgy chocolate crinkle cookie. It’s so easy to make, a 3-year-old can do it!
Okay, I might have exaggerated a little there, a 3-year-old can help. However, it really is that easy. If you have a chocolate cake mix on hand, you can make these delicious cookies right now. The only other ingredients you need are eggs, vegetable oil, and powdered sugar (and maybe some tiny hands eager to assist).
Now, that’s my little sweet baker, Charlie. He’s always eager to help mommy bake. The minute I get my baking bowls out, he’s like “Mommy, I want to help!” Though sometimes, I think it takes me longer to get things done with his assistance, but that’s okay. It’s all part of the fun and memories.
These chocolate crinkle cookies tastes like a brownie wrapped up in a cookie and coated in powdered sugar. What more could you ask for?
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker.Print
This shortcut recipe takes a chocolate cake mix and turns it into a chewy and fudgy chocolate crinkle cookie.
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (I used Betty Crocker’s Devil’s Food flavor)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a sturdy rubber spatula or wooden spoon, stir together the cake mix, vegetable oil and eggs until all the cake mix is absorb. The dough will be very thick.
- Use a medium cookie scoop or tablespoon to scoop out rounded cookie dough. Generously coat in powdered sugar and place 2″ apart on lined baking sheets.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until the cookies are puffed and cracked. Let cool and enjoy!
Keywords: easy chocolate crinkle cookie recipe, cake-mix chocolate cookies