Easy Pumpkin Dump Cake
This incredibly easy pumpkin dump cake is soft, tender, and perfectly spiced. It’s made with just 3 ingredients, takes less than 10 minutes to prepare, and tastes completely homemade!
Why this recipe is so great:
- Just 3 ingredients – The key to this pumpkin dump cake recipe is the spice cake mix. It has everything you need in it for the foundation of the cake. All you have to do is add in the pumpkin puree for moisture and flavor, and eggs for richness and rise, and you have the perfect pumpkin spice dump cake.
- Taste homemade – No one would ever know this cake wasn’t made from scratch. It’s so fresh and flavorful, and tastes gourmet! Serve with extra toppings like caramel sauce or whipped cream for a special treat.
- Stays soft and moist for days – This cake is so soft and moist and stays that way for up to 5 days. Not that it would last that long 🙂
Ingredients you’ll need:
- one package of spice cake mix
- one small can (15oz) of pumpkin puree
- two large eggs
How to make 3 ingredient pumpkin dump cake:
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients together using an electric mixer on medium speed until combined.
- Spoon the batter into a greased bundt pan or 9×13″ baking pan.
- Bake in a 350F preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Substitutions and variations:
- Spice cake mix – buttered pecan or any chocolate flavored cake mix like Devil’s Food or chocolate fudge works well too. You can also use yellow cake mix. If so, I would recommend adding some cinnamon and nutmeg to it.
- Pumpkin puree – can be substituted with canned sweet potato puree for a sweet potato dump cake.
- Eggs – the two eggs can be replaced with 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce for a lower calorie or vegan option.
How to serve:
Serve as is or with a dusting of powdered sugar. For a special occasion, drizzle the cake with caramel sauce and serve with a dollop of whipped cream to elevate the dessert.
You might also like:
- Super Easy Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Bars
- Soft & Moist Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Spice Cookies
Did you make this recipe? Please kindly leave a comment with your star rating below.
This pumpkin dump cake is made with just 3 ingredients, takes less than 10 minutes to prepare, and tastes completely homemade!
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 can (15oz) pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9×13″ baking pan or bundt pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients together using an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Spoon the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes for the 9×13″ and about 40 minutes for the bundt or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve as is or with a dusting of powdered sugar, drizzle with caramel sauce, or whipped cream if desired.
Leftovers can be stored tightly covered at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin dump cake recipe, easy pumpkin dump cake