This easy brownie recipe is rich, fudgy and oh so chewy. It’s a one-bowl recipe that can be whipped up in a matter of minutes. It’s absolutely perfect for satisfying those chocolate cravings.
I used to think that in order to make truly fudgy brownies, you would have to melt a ton of chocolate over a double broiler, let it cool, and carefully mix it in with the rest of your ingredients. That was until I came upon this recipe from Cafe Delites. Her recipe is genius, simple and dee-licious. It’s all prepared by hand and in one bowl. I just love how the batter looks like smooth creamy chocolate frosting. Isn’t it gorgeous?
The recipe starts with whisking some melted butter, sugar, and a tablespoon of oil together for about a minute. Then you add in the eggs and vanilla, and whisk again for another minute until nice and glossy. Carefully stir in the flour, cocoa, salt and you’re done! Bake for less than 30 minutes, let cool, and devour.
Some say chocolate is therapeutic and actually contains neurotransmitters that make you happy. I say, that’s my kind of therapy. Especially during wet and cold rainy days like today.
The texture of these brownies is soft, dense and chewy. The taste is chocolaty balanced with just the right amount of sweetness.
These chewy fudge brownies are fabulous on their own or stacked high with ice cream and eaten with a fork.
Chewy Fudge Brownies
This easy brownie recipe is rich, fudgy and oh so chewy. It’s a one-bowl recipe that can be whipped up in a matter of minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 9-12
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- ½ cup (114g) unsalted butter, melted and lukewarm
- 1 tbsp (15ml) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp (10ml) vanilla extract
- ½ cup (60g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (40g) unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- ¼ tsp (1g) salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease an 8×8″ square baking and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, oil and sugar for about a minute.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla. Whisk again for about a minute until glossy and smooth.
- Gently stir in the flour, cocoa and salt until JUST combined. Spread evenly onto prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the center is just set when lightly touched.
- Let cool before slicing into the brownies.
Keywords: chocolate brownie recipe, easy brownie recipe