This savory appetizer has a creamy, cheesy, and smoky bacon filling surrounded by a buttery puff pastry. It’s made with only 5-ingredients and is um um good.
I’m really excited to be sharing my first savoury post. I’m making this specifically for Fiesta Friday’s One Year Anniversary Celebration. A big thank you to Angie@TheNoviceGardener for hosting this fabulous party every week and to all her delightful co-hosts over the year. I have met so many wonderful fellow bloggers through Fiesta Friday. It is truly a party of sharing delicious food ideas and meeting amazing people.
You mix everything together, spoon it onto the pastry dough, fold up the corners, pinch the seams together, and bake for 8-10 minutes. What you get is a soft, cheesy, smoky, salty, little bites of heaven.
This recipe makes 8 pieces, so feel free to double or triple the recipe depending on the number of people you are serving. Now, the most important thing is to enjoy these babies warm because nothing beats melty cheese, am I right?
Recipe adapted from Buns In My OvenPrint
Cheesy Cheddar Bacon Bombs
This savory appetizer has a creamy, cheesy, and smoky bacon filling surrounded by a buttery puff pastry.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8
- Category: appetizer
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pkg Pillsbury crescent roll
- half a block of cream cheese, softened
- 4 strips of cooked and diced bacon
- 1 chopped green onion stalk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F. In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, bacon, onion and shredded cheese together.
- Roll out the pastry and pinch the seams of the dough together. Cut into 2 strips lengthwise. Then cut each strip into 4 equal pieces, making 8 pieces total.
- Place heaping spoonfuls of the mixture onto each piece. Fold up the corners and press the seams together to seal.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove and serve immediately.
Keywords: cheddar bacon bombs, easy appetizer recipe, bacon cheese appetizer