A creamy custard sweetened with maple syrup and a hint of cinnamon spice, topped with a crunchy caramelized sugar coating. You only need a few basic ingredients to put together this impressive dessert and it is so easy to make. You are going to love it!Creme brulee is my ultimate favorite dessert and I share with you today, my version of this awesome treat made with a Canadian flare. I sweetened it with maple syrup which gives it a nutty caramel flavor and I added a little bit of cinnamon spice to heighten the warm woody aroma and taste of the custard.I love cracking into the candy shell of this dessert. The sound actually excites me before I have my first taste of the smooth velvet cream, and then that sweet toffee coating melting in my mouth, just takes this dessert over the top. This is why it’s my favorite.
Recipe adapted from Foodland OntarioPrint
Maple Spice Creme Brulee
A creamy custard sweetened with maple syrup and a hint of cinnamon spice, topped with a crunchy caramelized sugar coating.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: French
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a small saucepan, heat cream and maple syrup over medium heat until small bubbles begin to form around the edges, remove from heat.
- In a large measuring cup, whisk eggs, egg yolks, vanilla and cinnamon. Slowly whisk in hot cream into the egg mixture until blended.
- Divide into six 3/4 cup ramekins. Set the custards cups in a shallow pan and place in oven. Pour enough hot water into the pan to cover halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the sides are set but center still looks wet. Remove from water bath and cool on rack. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or up to 2 days.
- Just before serving, sprinkle about 2 teaspoons of sugar over top of each. Using a kitchen torch,
- slowly heat the sugar until it bubbles and browns. Let the sugar cool to harden. You can also use the broil feature of your oven to caramelize the sugar by placing the ramekins onto a baking sheet and broil as close as possible to the heat source until the sugar browns, about 30-60 seconds.
Keywords: maple creme brulee recipe, cinnamon spice creme brulee, easy creme brulee