These banana chocolate chip muffins are moist, flavorful and not too sweet. They make for a great everyday breakfast or snack.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and fantastic New Year’s. We certainly did. It was busy, but a lot of fun. My kids have been off for two weeks for winter break. So every day has been some sort of outing or playdate. I have also been making a ton of these muffins because they are my boys’ absolute favorite thing that I bake. With both of them being home with me all day for the last two weeks, we have been going through a lot of these delicious muffins.
This recipe is simple and easy enough to make that little helpers can lend a hand. I usually put one of my boys in charge of the dry ingredients, and the other the wet ingredients. Then we mix it all together and spoon the batter into the muffin pan. They love sprinkling a few extra chocolate chips on top before we put them in the oven. It also gives them a sense of pride when they eat the muffins because they helped mommy make them.
This was the first time they had to wait before they could enjoy the muffins after they came out of the oven. It was challenging taking these photographs as I had to constantly shoo away my kids.
The texture of these banana chocolate chip muffins is soft and fluffy. The taste is not too sweet which is why they make for a great everyday breakfast or snack. It has a great natural banana flavor and the chocolate chips makes them absolutely irresistible.
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
The texture of these banana chocolate chip muffins is soft and fluffy. The taste is not too sweet which is why they make for a great everyday breakfast or snack.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1&3/4 cups (220g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1 tsp (5ml) ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2.5ml) salt
- 1 cup (240g) overripe mashed bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (60g) plain yogurt
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (95g) mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Toss in the chocolate chips and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas, oil, eggs, yogurt and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Divide the batter amongst the 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle a few more chocolate chips on top if desired.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
The muffins can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3-4 days.
Keywords: banana chocolate chip muffin recipe, easy banana chocolate chip muffins