Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
This creamy-dreamy triple chocolate cheesecake is the ultimate chocolate lover’s fantasy. With its dark chocolate cookie crumb-crust, silky-smooth chocolate cheesecake center, and thick layer of rich chocolate ganache on top, it’s guaranteed to please.
Why this recipe is so great:
- No-fuss recipe – This chocolate cheesecake recipe doesn’t require a bain-marie or double broiler. You just melt the chocolate in the microwave and put the cheesecake straight into the oven. No fuss, no muss.
- So much chocolate! – With over 2 cups of real chocolate in the filling and ganache, plus the chocolate crust, this cheesecake is like a chocolate flavor explosion!
- Can be made in advance – The whole cheesecake can be made and assembled 1-2 days in advance.
Ingredients you’ll need:
- Oreo cookie crumbs
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- whipping cream
- cream cheese
- granulated sugar
- large eggs
- vanilla extract
How to make chocolate cheesecake:
(the ingredient amounts are listed in the printable recipe card further below)
- Mix together the Oreo cookie crumbs with some melted butter. Press the mixture into a 9″ springform pan and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate chips along with the whipping cream in the microwave at 50% power for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between until completely melted and smooth.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar together until well combined. Mix in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well in between.
- Add the melted chocolate and vanilla extract. Mix again until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake at 325F for 50-55 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Melt some more whipping cream and chocolate chips in the microwave. Pour over the cheesecake and spread to the edges. Place in the fridge to set for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
Can you freeze chocolate cheesecake?
Yes, you can. It’s better to freeze it without the ganache. Tightly wrap in a double layer of saran wrap followed by a layer of aluminum foil and store in the freezer for up to 2 months. If you are freezing with the ganache, place a piece of wax paper on top before you wrap it in plastic. Thaw overnight in the fridge.
How long does chocolate cheesecake last in the fridge?
It will last up to 5 days in the fridge if properly stored in an airtight container or tightly wrapped.
How many calories in a slice of chocolate cheesecake?
Depending on the size of the slice and the recipe, it’s about 500-800 calories per slice.
How to decorate a chocolate cheesecake:
You can decorate it with sprinkles, chocolate curls, chopped nuts, candy pieces, or anything else you like. You can also decorate with whipped cream along the edges.
You might also like:
- Chocolate Sheet Cake
- Chocolate Chiffon Cake
- Flourless Chocolate Torte
- Moist Chocolate Cupcakes
- Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
Did you make this recipe? Please kindly leave a comment with your star rating below.
This creamy-dreamy triple chocolate cheesecake is the ultimate chocolate lover’s fantasy.
- 1 & 1/2 cups (170g) Oreo cookie crumbs
- 4 tbsp (60ml) melted butter
- 1 & 1/2 cups (270g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (125ml) whipping cream
- 3 blocks (8oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (180g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (125ml) whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 325F and set aside a 9″ springform pan.
- Mix together the Oreo cookie crumbs with the melted butter until all is moistened. Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of the springform pan and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate chips along with the whipping cream in the microwave at 50% power for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between until completely melted and smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar together until well combined. Add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well in between. Scrape down the bowl as needed.
- Add the melted chocolate and vanilla extract. Mix again until just combined and scrape the bowl as needed. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 325F for 50-55 minutes or until 2″ around the edge is set. The center will still wobbly but will firm up once the cheesecake is completely chilled (trust me). Let cool to room temperature.
- Melt the whipping cream and chocolate chips for the ganache in the microwave at 50% power for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between until completely melted and smooth. Pour over the cooled cheesecake and spread to the edges.
- Place the cheesecake in the fridge to set for a minimum of 4 hours or preferably overnight.
Tip: Place it in the fridge for 1 hour uncovered to reduce the condensation before loosely covering for the remainder time.
Leftovers can be tightly covered and stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate cheesecake recipe