These ultra-easy cookies are soft, chewy and packed with chocolate chips. This recipe requires no chilling or mixers. It’s all made by hand and in one bowl. It’s perfect for when you need cookies in a hurry!I love a good chocolate chip cookie, but sometimes I can’t be bother to bring out my heavy stand mixer and/or don’t have the time or patience to chill my cookie dough. Sometimes I just want a cookie NOW!So, when you’re in one of those moods, this recipe will come in handy. It uses melted butter, which is great because how often do you forget to take out your butter ahead of time? You simply whisk your wet ingredients together, add in all your dry ingredients at once, stir until just combined. Then you fold in your chocolate chips, drop the cookie dough onto your baking sheet, bake for 10 minutes and there you have it (that’s basically the whole recipe).These cookies are soft and chewy with thin crispy edges. They are loaded with chocolate chips and are buttery with warm notes of brown sugar and vanilla.
- 1 cup (227g) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (220g) packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups (256g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 12 oz bag (2 cups) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper or non-stick silicone baking mats.
- Melt the butter in the microwave for 30-60 second until almost completely melted. Stir to melt completely.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar. Add in the egg and vanilla. Whisk again until smooth.
- Add the flour, cornstarch, salt and baking soda. Stir until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a medium cookie scoop or tablespoons, drop rounded cookie doughs 2″ apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and center is almost set. Let cool on baking sheet.