Transform nearly all of your Thanksgiving leftovers into a scrumptious new meal. This shepherd’s pie recipe is made with succulent chunks of turkey and mixed vegetables in a brown gravy sauce. It’s topped with cheesy mashed potatoes and baked till golden brown.I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving filled with good food and good times with family. Today I’m assuming most of you are out shopping for deals. I know I have my eyes on a few things like an Instant Pot and an Ikea wooden toy kitchen for my youngest.
Here’s a lovely recipe for you to come home to. It will use up most of your Thanksgiving leftovers, and it’s quick and easy to put together.You basically mix up your leftover turkey, vegetables and gravy together in a 9-inch baking dish. Top it with your leftover mashed potatoes and sprinkle it with some shredded cheese. Then bake in the oven for about 30 minutes and you’ve got a new meal.This shepherd’s pie is filled with juicy chunks of turkey and colorful mixed vegetables in a flavorful gravy underneath a blanket of creamy mashed potatoes.Print
Leftover Turkey Shepherd’s Pie
This shepherd’s pie is filled with juicy chunks of turkey and colorful mixed vegetables in a flavorful gravy underneath a blanket of creamy mashed potatoes.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: dinner, lunch
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups cooked turkey meat, chopped
- 2 cups mixed vegetables, chopped
- 1 cup turkey gravy
- 2 1/2 cups mashed potatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix the turkey, vegetables and gravy together in a 9″ baking dish.
- Top with the mashed potatoes and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through and bubbling. Turn the oven to broil to brown the cheese if desired. It should only take a minute or two (keep an eye on it).
Keywords: turkey shepherds pie, leftover turkey recipe, easy shepherd pie