These chocolate chunk cookie bars are ultra chewy and loaded with chocolate chunks in every bite! They are so much easier to prepare than cookies. It’s all made in one bowl and baked in one pan – that’s it!There’s one thing I love more than chocolate chunk cookies and that’s chocolate chunk cookie bars. To me, cookie bars are an easier, thicker and chewier version of a cookie. I took these cookie bars over the top by using a coarsely chopped Alter Eco’s Dark Chocolate Salted Almonds Organic Chocolate bar instead of regular chocolate chips. The roasted almonds give the cookie bars some crunch, while the dark chocolate adds a bold flavor.This recipe starts with mixing all the wet ingredients together. Then you mix in all the dry ingredients, spread the batter into your baking pan. You sprinkle the chocolate chunks on top of the batter and bake. In less than half an hour, you’ve got delicious cookie bars!
These chocolate chunk cookie bars are chewy and packed with chocolate in every bite. There are warm notes of brown sugar and vanilla with a lovely buttery taste. The chocolate is bold and dark with a little nutty crunch and a sprinkle of salt.Print
- ½ cup (114g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (200g) brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla
- 1 cup (128g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5ml) baking soda
- ½ tsp (2.5ml) salt
- 80-100g good-quality chocolate car, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter and line an 8×8″ baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together in melted butter and brown sugar. Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- Add in the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir everything until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into prepared baking pan. Sprinkle to chocolate chunks evenly over top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool before cutting.