These sweet little cookies contain creamy white chocolate, tangy dried cranberries, and a touch of orange zest for a delightful taste.
I remember the very first time I tried one of these white chocolate cranberry cookies. It was back in my elementary school days. I was at my friend Kim’s house for a playdate, and her mom made a batch of these unforgettable cookies. It has been years since then, but when I saw this recipe from Domestic Rebel it brought back the memory of how amazing these cookies are. Now, I added a little bit of orange zest to the Domestic Rebel’s recipe because I distinctly remember the taste of orange zest in my friend’s version. So, depending on how you know these cookies, the orange zest is optional, but highly recommended because it adds a nice complementary flavor to the cranberries.
These cookies are delectably soft with the bright flavors of cranberry and orange. The sweet and creamy white chocolate adds a nice finish in taste and texture. Also, the festive red and white coloring makes these cookies a perfect holiday treat!
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10ml) cornstarch
- 1 tsp (10ml) baking soda
- Pinch salt
- ¾ cup (170g) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup (100g) lightly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup (100g) white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp (10ml) vanilla extract
- 2 tsp (10ml) orange zest (optional, but recommended)
- ¾ cup (100g) dried cranberries (plus more for topping)
- ¾ cup (130g) white chocolate chips (plus more for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Toss together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg, vanilla and orange zest.
- Stir in the flour mixture until just combine. Then fold in the cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Using a medium cookie scoop or tablespoon drop rounded cookie mounds 2" apart into prepared baking sheets. Add a few extra cranberries on top of each cookie dough if desired.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges just start to brown. Remove from the oven and add a few extra chocolate chips if desired. Let cool on baking sheet for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
You might also like my Cranberry Orange Muffins and Glazed Citrus Cranberry Bread.