Vanilla Bean Pound Cake
This pound cake is wonderfully rich and buttery. It has a gorgeous golden brown crust and a nostalgic aroma of vanilla.
- Author: Little Sweet Baker
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: one loaf
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup (227g) unsalted butter, softened, plus more for greasing pan
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 vanilla bean (or 2 tsp vanilla extract)
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting pan
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Butter and flour an 8×4″ or 9×5″ loaf pan.
- Using an electric mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat the butter for about 1 minute until creamy.
- Slowly add in the sugar, and beat until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes)
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well in between. Scrape the bowl as needed. Then add in the vanilla bean seeds, mix well again.
- On low speed, add in the flour and mix until just combined.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Check at 45 minutes and loosely cover the cake with foil if browning too quickly.
Don’t throw out your empty vanilla bean pod. You can be use it to infuse milk or cream with subtle vanilla flavor, or you can stick it in a jar of sugar to make vanilla-scent sugar.
Leftover pound cake can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to one week. You can also tightly wrap it and store it in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Keywords: pound cake recipe, easy pound cake, old-fashioned pound cake, vanilla pound cake