Triple Chocolate Muffins
Sour cream chocolate muffin with dark and white chocolate chips. These muffins are soft, moist, and full of chocolatey flavors. They’re great for breakfast, or as a snack anytime of the day.
These muffins are so decadent, my husband and I had a debate about whether it was appropriate for me to say they were ideal for breakfast or not. He thinks they’re more for dessert, but I told him muffins, which are heartier than cupcakes, are designed for breakfast due to their denser texture. Also, any excuse to start your day off with chocolate is a good one to me. I am one of those people that actually thinks the world would be a sad place without chocolate, a chocolate lover you could say. Though there are people who don’t care for chocolate. I admire those people because I don’t think there’s a day that goes by where I don’t eat, or crave chocolate. It’s my weakness, and guilty pleasure. Anyways, enough about me and my chocolate obsession. 🙂
Ever since our good friends, John and Tanya bought some double chocolate muffins from Costco (yes, I said Costco), I’ve wanted to create my own chocolate muffin recipe. They were unbelievably good. I think I ate one everyday for a week straight, which is really bad, but anyways.
So, this is my version. I decided to go with a triple chocolate muffin because the more chocolate, the better. I wanted 3 distinct and different flavors, so I went with a sour cream chocolate, a bold dark chocolate, and creamy white chocolate. The end result is a soft, moist muffin, with 3 delicious chocolate flavors that compliment one another beautifully.
Recipe by Little Sweet BakerPrint
These are moist and fluffy sour cream chocolate muffins with dark and white chocolate chips.
- 1 & 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips plus more to sprinkle
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips plus more to sprinkle
- 2 large eggs
- 1 & 1/3 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line 2 muffin pans with 16 paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk all dry ingredients together to combine and stir in chocolate chips.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar. Mix in the eggs and sour cream, then pour into the dry mixture. Stir gently until just combined. Batter will be thick.
- Using a large cookie/muffin scoop or 2 tablespoons, divide the batter evenly between the 16 liners. Top with a few more chocolate chips.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Enjoy with a nice cup of coffee or tea.
Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: triple chocolate muffin recipe, easy chocolate muffin recipe