Official Scholarship Rules
1. ELIGIBILITY – The Little Sweet Baker Scholarship is open to all people who are either enrolled as a full-time student in an accredited U.S./Canadian University or College or are able to present a legitimate letter of acceptance from an accredited U.S./Canadian University or College in a science program. Limit one application per person — entries will be disqualified if it is proven that the applicant has entered with more than one identity. Applicants who do not meet eligibility requirements will not be awarded a prize. All information on the application must be complete and accurate.
2. ORIGINALITY – Applicants must submit an original essay not to exceed 500 words. Submitted applications may not have been previously published works and may not have won any award prior. No conflicting rights should exist on the submission, including (but not limited to) copyright or other intellectual property rights. Applicants agree that their submissions shall not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, or patent rights belonging to any third party. Plagiarism of any sort will result in disqualification.
3. AWARDS – The winner of the Little Sweet Baker Scholarship will receive a total amount of five hundred US dollars ($500 paid in US currency), which will be made payable to the award recipient directly and is to be used exclusively for school tuition and related expenses. The winner of the Scholarship Award must submit proof of enrollment or acceptance. Neither substitution or transfer of prizes is permitted, and the award may not be transferred or changed except at the discretion of Little Sweet Baker. Any taxes due on the award are the sole responsibility of the winner. All applicants agree to be bound by these official rules, and any applicant who fails to provide proof of identity or is found to have violated the Official Rules or otherwise does not meet eligibility will forfeit the award.
4. SELECTION OF WINNER – Little Sweet Baker will select one potential winner based on creativity, style, originality, grammar, punctuation, and spelling. In the event that an applicant’s telephone number or address changes, it is the responsibility of the applicant to notify Little Sweet Baker. Little Sweet Baker is not liable in the event that any potential winner notification is lost or not received by the potential winner for any reason. The potential winner will be notified via phone or email by August 30th, 2020 and must reply via phone or email within 7 business days. Any potential winner who cannot be contacted or does not respond within 7 business days will be disqualified, and the scholarship will be forfeited and awarded to the next runner-up from the same application period. Odds of winning are dependent upon the quality, eligibility, and number of submissions received. Little Sweet Baker reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the contest. All scholarships will be awarded without regard for race, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, or national origin.
5. PUBLICITY – By submitting an essay, you agree that all essay and image submissions will become the property of littlesweetbaker.com. The scholarship recipient must agree to all scholarship official rules. Little Sweet Baker may, without any notice, limit, or further compensation, share the winner’s name, city, university, and photograph on the site.
6. PRIVACY – Your personal information will be used only for the purpose of offering and awarding the scholarship and any reporting responsibility to taxing authorities. Information about the winner may be shared on our site, including essay and photo.
7. OWNERSHIP – The winning essay will become the exclusive property of Little Sweet Baker and may be used for publicity, publication, or as content in any online or offline media, without further permission, unless prohibited by law. Little Sweet Baker will own the application, including images and essay response and will own all publishing rights of your application and essay. Little Sweet Baker shall have the right to use the application, essay, and photo for any purpose considered necessary or desirable, and each applicant irrevocably waives any and all rights they may have in the application and written responses submitted by him/her.
8. WINNERS – The winner’s name, city, university, and photograph must be provided by the winner and will be listed on the website.