Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
These chocolate crinkle cookies are rich and fudgy, like a brownie bite rolled in powdered sugar. The batter is so easy to whip up and it’s great for little helping hands to participate in the fun of baking.
My husband has been complaining that I have been making too many old-fashioned types of cookies. Sugar cookies, shortbread cookies and molasses cookies aren’t his thing, but anything chocolate is, so baby, this one is for you.
If you like chocolate, than you’re going to love these chocolate crinkle cookies because of their robust chocolate flavor.
This quick and easy one-bowl recipe does require a little bit of chilling time, but trust me it’s worth it. Once the dough has firmed up, then you simply drop it in a bowl of powdered sugar, coat it, and roll in your hands. This is where little ones love to help out.
These are an old photos, but I couldn’t resist sharing them again. My little Charlie loves to help mommy in the kitchen and loves to get his hands messy.
These cookies are incredibly rich and fudgy. The taste is very chocolaty with the right amount of sweetness. The texture is chewy and dense, and the powdered sugar gives it a snowy festive appearance and finishing touch. So I hope you enjoy these cookies and I would like to wish you all a very merry Christmas. See you in the new year!Print
These chocolate crinkle cookies are rich and fudgy, like a brownie bite rolled in powdered sugar.
- 1 cup (120 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups (400 g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp(10 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 2 cups (240 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (50 g) powdered sugar
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat the cocoa, granulated sugar and oil on medium speed.
- Reduce the speed to low and add 1 egg at a time until combined. Mix in the remaining ingredients in the order listed, except for the powdered sugar.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the powdered sugar in a small bowl. Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop the dough into the powdered sugar, coat it well, then roll it in your hands. Place on prepared baking sheet about 2″ apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Allow the cookies to rest on the baking sheet for a minute before transferring to cooling rack.
- Category: dessert, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate crinkle cookie recipe, easy chocolate crinkle cookies, brownie cookies, Christmas cookie recipe
Recipe from Rasa Malaysia.