Easy Raspberry Pie
This raspberry pie is the perfect balance of sweet and tart. The filling is nice and thick and packed with fresh raspberries. It’s quick & easy to prepare and has only 6 ingredients!
Why this recipe is so great:
- Easy to make – This pie is ready for the oven in less than 10 minutes. All you have to do is toss together 4 filling ingredients, pour it into your pastry-lined pie plate, dot with butter, and cover with the top pie crust.
- Loaded with raspberries – This pie is filled with 5 cups of fresh raspberries so it’s the ultimate raspberry lover’s dream.
- Perfect for any occasion – With its gorgeous crimson red filling, this pie is perfect for any occasion or gatherings like Valentine’s (or Galentine’s), Mother’s Day, or a special brunch.
Ingredients you’ll need:
- Raspberries – fresh or frozen. Fresh is preferred.
- Granulated sugar – for sweetness
- Cornstarch – to thicken the filling
- Lemon juice – brightens up the flavor
- Butter – adds richness and balances the acidity
- Store-bought refrigerated pie crust – For convenience and to save time. However, you can make your own pie crust if you wish.
How to make raspberry pie:
(the ingredient amounts are listed in the printable recipe card further below)
- Gently toss together the raspberries, sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice.
- Line a 9″ pie plate with a single pie crust.
- Transfer the raspberry filling mixture into the pie and dot with butter.
- Cut a few cute shapes out of the 2nd crust. Place on top of the pie. Seal and crimp as desired. Bake at 425F for 10 minutes, then lower the temperature to 350F and bake for another 40 minutes until bubbling.
- Bake on the lower third of the oven – This helps the bottom bake evenly with the top crust.
- Bake the pie on a cookie sheet – This prevents the filling from spilling and burning onto the bottom of your oven. It also helps brown and crisp up the bottom crust.