A smooth and creamy white chocolate cheesecake over a honey graham cracker hazelnut crust.
I have fallen in love with white chocolate. That buttery, creamy, vanilla taste is just heaven to me. I used to prefer the bold, bittersweet flavor of dark chocolate, but lately, the soft and delicate taste of cocoa butter has me in awe. Now, don’t get me wrong, I still enjoy dark chocolate, I just like them both equally now. So, more chocolate love to go around. 🙂
This cheesecake is perfect for any occasion and is so easy to put together. The crust is made with sweet honey graham crackers and ground hazelnuts for an added crunchy texture. The cake is creamy and smooth with the taste of white chocolate complimenting the flavor of the sweetened cream cheese and egg custard. Topped with gorgeous red strawberries, it’s pretty enough to be a centerpiece.
Recipe by Little Sweet BakerPrint
- 1 & 1/4 cup honey graham crackers crumbs
- 1/4 cup ground hazelnuts
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 750g cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 8 oz good quality white chocolate, chopped
- 1 lb strawberries
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Mix the cracker crumbs and hazelnuts with the melted butter, then press onto a 9″ springform pan.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave, 20-30 seconds at a time until just completely melted. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, using a handheld mixer, blend the cream cheese and sugar together. Then add eggs, one at a time, mixing in between. Combine sour cream and vanilla into the batter. Lastly, add the white chocolate and blend until smooth.
- Pour over crust and bake for 50-55 minutes or until the centre is almost set. Run a thin knife around the edges and let cool completely at room temperature. Then refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.
- Decorate with sliced strawberries before serving.