This creamy and refreshing lemon pie uses the whole entire lemon (not just the juice and zest) which gives it an ultra lemony flavor. It’s super easy to make and has the perfect balance of sweet and tart.
- 1 lemon small to medium
- 1/2 cup (114g) salted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups (250g) granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 single pie crust (homemade or refrigerated store-bought kind)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Set aside a 9″ pie plate.
- Trim the ends off the lemon and cut into thin slices. Remove seeds.
- Add the lemon slices, butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract into a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Roll out and place your pie crust on your pie plate. Crimp the edges as desired and pour in the filling mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the top starts to turn golden and the center is set. You may need to cover the edges of the pie crust with foil if it starts to brown before the pie is done.
- Let cool completely before slicing. Best served chilled.
Best served chilled. Leftovers can be covered and stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lemon pie recipe, whole lemon pie