This beautiful pie has the perfect combination of strawberries, rhubarb and spice.
- 1 double pie crust (homemade or store-bought)
- 1lb (454g) chopped rhubarb
- 1lb (454g) sliced strawberries
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (60g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 375F and position rack to lower third of oven.
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar, flour and spices together.
- In a large bowl, toss together the strawberries, rhubarb and sugar mixture.
- Pour onto a 9″ pie plate fitted with the prepared pie crust.
- Cut the second crust into 1″ strips.
- Place 5 strips across pie. Fold back every other strip and lay another horizontally across the middle.
- Fold back alternate pieces and repeat with 4 other strips.
- Whisk the egg with 1 tbsp of water and brush over the top. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbling.
- Cool to room temperature. Slice and serve with some vanilla ice cream.
Leftovers can be covered and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: strawberry rhubarb pie recipe, easy strawberry rhubarb pie, best strawberry rhubarb pie, strawberry lattice pie recipe