These pumpkin oatmeal cookies are full of pumpkin flavor and hearty oats. They bake up soft with crispy edges and are topped with a touch of sweet glaze.
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups (110g) rolled oats (old-fashioned or quick-cooking)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (227g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (200g) lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (245g) pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup (60g) powdered sugar
- 2–3 tsp milk or cream
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 2-3 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the flour, rolled oats, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until fluffy. Mix in the pumpkin puree, egg, and vanilla.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop or tablespoon drop the cookie dough 2″ apart onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the cookies are lightly brown on the bottom. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and milk/cream until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cookies and let stand for 5-10 minutes for the glaze to set.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days at room temperature.
To freeze – Let cookies cool completely and transfer to a freezer-friendly container or ziplock bag. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight on the counter and glaze 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin oatmeal cookie recipe, glazed pumpkin cookies